craftgirl45

Compare Consew 206RB-5 to Consew P1206RB

I am new to this site. Thank you for allowing me to join you.  I am trying to get into leather bag making and need to purchase an industrial machine. I have decided on the Consew. Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the 206RB-5 and the Consew P1206RB? Which one would you recommend for bag making?  I really appreciate as much feedback as you are willing to give.

My history on Consew 206rb goes back to 1976 when I purchased a new one from Consolidated Sewing in Chicago.

That machine is still daily in use in my former  shop. I've had dozens of these machines including Japan, Taiwan,

and Chinese models.  I notice the 1206 has no button to reset the clutch ( maybe it has no clutch ! ).

All 206 that I've had where equipped with clutches. The hook is set on a keyway and once the clutch is reset

the hook timing is reset.  You lock up a clutch less horizontal axis machine the hook spins on the shaft and

you have to re-time. If you buy a clutch less machine make sure you mark the shaft and hook for position.

Thank you ljk.  That's great input.  I will have to look into that.  

It appears that the P1206 is a little less expensive but I do not see any major differences.  So maybe what you are saying is the key.