Tholek

LeatherCrafting.org l Covering Every aspect of leather work.

deleted deleted deleted deleted

Edited by Tholek
deleted

Nice job reinventing the wheel?

deleted deleted deleted deleted

Edited by Tholek
deleted

Man, you got some nerve! As Johanna has said you are basically copying this successful format and then openly inviting people to move across. In plenty of places I can think of, such a move would get you shunned.

Shame on you. Now get back under the rock from which you crawled.

Removed it, I didn't know it was allowed to be posted, my bad.

Muppet! With an approach like that you will fail before you have even started.

19 minutes ago, ZigZag said:

Man, you got some nerve! As Johanna has said you are basically copying this successful format and then openly inviting people to move across. In plenty of places I can think of, such a move would get you shunned.

Shame on you. Now get back under the rock from which you crawled.

Ditto. Well said, Zigzag.

Tholek, I just had a look at your site - quite a lot of ill-informed misinformation.

Edited by gary

Whoa! You didn't need to delete the link! Now I can't even find it. I have no problem with anyone posting links to legit leather resources. It's okay to put the link and the info back for the people who are interested. I only meant that we are already covering the bases here, that's all. Repost please.

~J 

Found this on Tholek's info page...

• Website URL
    www.leathercrafting.org

:huh: wow - copying a forum almost 1:1 and then linking it in the original forum is like a slap in the face. If you don´t have friends - now you even have fewer. :lol:

Anyway - good luck!

Edited by Constabulary

What P.O.S.

Well, was this reaction a bit severe?  Seriously, I see people posting links to web sites and pootube videos all the time... I wouldn't think this that different.  In fact, HOW MANY times has someone shown up here, to give us all a link to YET ANOTHER video about something that's been basically done to death :rofl:

And, I've never met her so I suppose I could be wrong - but I guess I've always assumed Johanna was a big girl capable of defending herself herself :o

Leather Crafting

I understand most of you would disagree about me posting this but I would like to re-post it with some even more critical information about Leather Crafting

Introduction to Leather Crafting

Leather Crafting is very new but is starting a SEO campaign very soon, which means that their will be some contests/competitions when I feel that their is enough register users and people are visiting the site I will then start hosting contests/competitions every two weeks to a month. Leather Crafting will be a warm friendly place where you can discuss and show off all your goodies, along with Leather Crafting also providing different types of projects for you guys to follow along basically tutorials that have been created by the Leather Craftingstaff team and some members. 

What is the whole point of me starting this site?

As some of you are aware by just looking at the site you may see it has some similarity to forumsworkers.net but this is not the whole point of me creating such site. The whole point of me creating such a site is to find other new people who are also starting out in leather work either as a hobby, or as a career. I know this may sound a bit strange as leatherworker.net does the same thing but I feel that their is space on the web for another site/forums like leatherworker.net where people can also go too.

Leather Crafting is also looking for people

That's correct Leather Crafting is looking for people with great knowledge in leather work and can provide content to go along with it. This will be a paid position and you will receive a sponsor package along with your very own forums on Leather Crafting.

Look forward to seeing some of you their!

Warm Regards

Tholek aka Rick

Edited by Tholek

Seriously??

34 minutes ago, TonyRV2 said:

Seriously??

Why so serious? :( 

If it's a problem I can remove it, but I already did that but a moderator said it was OK so I re-posted it.

Edited by Tholek

It isn't whether or not it is "okay", it is the fact that you are basically trying to "attract" all of the information and people away from one source and community to join yours and to replicate what already exists.  Kind of not a good thing when you are looking to "share" with others what you "don't already know or have" by taking from those who do.  Aside from a few non-experienced "shadow viewers" I don't you see getting any support from any of us as we are quite content right here.  You are more than welcome to communicate within this community but to try and solicit people to give you their knowledge when it is already available on a global scale anyway through this community is quite unprofessional and not worthy of our time.

8 minutes ago, NVLeatherWorx said:

It isn't whether or not it is "okay", it is the fact that you are basically trying to "attract" all of the information and people away from one source and community to join yours and to replicate what already exists.  Kind of not a good thing when you are looking to "share" with others what you "don't already know or have" by taking from those who do.  Aside from a few non-experienced "shadow viewers" I don't you see getting any support from any of us as we are quite content right here.  You are more than welcome to communicate within this community but to try and solicit people to give you their knowledge when it is already available on a global scale anyway through this community is quite unprofessional and not worthy of our time.

I completely understand where your coming from but as your most likely are experienced in this field you know where everything is placed, no offence to the owner or admins but the layout of the site is all messed up and navigating ain't that easy so I have came up with a solution (i understand most of you wont agree) and that's where LeatherCrafting comes into play, that's without the contest and competition will be hosting as leather work can be expensive. 

Edited by Tholek

You joined this forum less than a month ago, and you then create an almost identical clone of it.  You have every right to do whatever you want, but we have this thing called integrity on this side of the "pond".  My guess is that you think that there's money to be made.  I will never be a member of your forum.  If I every got to your site, it will be to see who your advertisers are so that I never buy from them.

Pip pip cheerio you ponce!

Well said Jaymack.

1 hour ago, Jaymack said:

You joined this forum less than a month ago, and you then create an almost identical clone of it.  You have every right to do whatever you want, but we have this thing called integrity on this side of the "pond".  My guess is that you think that there's money to be made.  I will never be a member of your forum.  If I every got to your site, it will be to see who your advertisers are so that I never buy from them.

Not to sound funny I am not in it for money.. Instead of making a blog where people can only post why not make a forums where people can communicate with each other that's my main point.

For one because there is already one. 

Why do you say this forum is laid out poorly yet yours is almost a carbon copy of the layout? 

Im with Jaymack on this one. 

7 hours ago, Jaymack said:

That's just a wee bit nasty.   If this site's moderators say it's ok for him to post this, then the proper thing to do is to scroll on by, not threaten a boycott, and be personally insulting.

Chill, and please cut the aggression.

I admire your loyalty, and I love this forum too, but why attack someone for trying to make leathercrafting more  accessable.     

I'm sure this site is strong enough to cope, after all, it's a big enough interweb out there for us all to live in peace.

Lumpendoodle2, please review the definition of forum.  

Tholek, See comment above, and since you have only been a member of this forum for a couple weeks, I suggest that you read it.  If you think that the members don't communicate with each other, you haven't gotten past the opening page.

Calling someone a ponce is a bit rude, isn't it?

As to forums, I belong to at least 10 metal detecting forums, and most actually happily rub along, and I constantly bump into members from other forums.

All I'm saying is stop getting all upset over something which even the mods are cool about.

I've reviewed Definition of forum
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
"we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"

Since no one asked...here's my take on this. :rolleyes2:  You have a guy that wants to start a leathercraft site...fine, the more the merrier I say.  However, this person is obviously no expert on leather crafting and so comes begging here for experts to cross over and give his site some legitimacy.  This is no way to start a website.  If the op had any credibility what so ever, he/she would already be an expert with leather and would have posted articles to their website which supported this, otherwise what possible motivation would there be to do this.  I can think of only one...profit from advertisers and supporters.  I know the op stated that this was not the case, but if so, then why not just support what already has been done here?  This person has outright stated that he would like to steal a few experts away from this sight, pay them a stipend, and give them their own personal forum.  I think this is what members here find most objectionable.  This tactic would be objectionable no matter the business one was in.  My advise to the op would be to develop your own expertise in leather, post what you've learned, and if its good, people will come.  But don't come here trying to steal folks away just because you don't possess the knowledge to pull it off yourself...very bad form.