Instinctive

Vergez Blanchard L'Indispensable Flat Knife Opinion

Time to upgrade form the Xacto. Any opinion on the Vergez Blanchard L'Indispensable Flat Knife?

First time posting here but I frequent the reddit leatherwork sub a fair bit. From what I understand the brass handle is fantastic but the stock blade itself leaves much to be desired in terms of quality and edge retention. There is a guy on reddit who makes replacement blades that everyone on reddit who has purchased has acknowledged as an excellent replacement. Just my 0.02 though, since I use a japanese style knife. Hope that helps.

I have recently upgraded from the standard clicker knife to the Vergez Blanchard L'Indispensable Flat Knife I think it is great,

The grinding was a little rough I prefer my knives to have a polished edge I believe it cuts better now it has been smoothed and polished it holds its edge very well. 

It's a fine knife to use. I've also heard of another replacement blade called 'Tina'. If you're sharpening skills are up to par you should be fine, me, I need to work on mine.