Does anyone have a similar rack that they've made themselves similar to this, that will stand on a table. Is there a woodworking plan I could use? My tools have taken over my table, and I need one like this that I can make, I just need some other ideas on how to add drawers being that I've not worked with wood all that much.

Thanks

toolrack.jpg

Personally, I think you should start with a sturdier design.  This one looks like it is built to break.  I just saw a post of a really nice one on here yesterday.  If I can find it I'll come back with the link.

ETA: here it is Tool Caddy

Edited by cjartist

Thank you, that one is nice, but I would like to have some of my tools hanging, but I may be able to incorporate that type of design on a hanging rack of some sort.

I saw where someone had turned a old wood knife block around and drilled holes in it. That would work nice for a LOT of tools. For hanging stuff peg board is still king.lol

After reevaluating my needs for a tool holder, I went all out and built a rolling cart, and here is the end product. I have 2 slide out shelves and 1 slide out side box.  Its my first woodworking project, so I think it came out okay, for what I need.

1487119540057.jpg

1487119540467.jpg

1487119540844.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way.  I have been doing wood working for 20 years and I figured I would point something out that is going to cause you problems in the not to distant future.  I would mount another drawer slide right above the one that is there, on the drawer with the gloves.  Parallel with the first one.   It will take the sag out and make it last much longer.   But very nice cart!!

No offense taken, and any critique helps.  Yes its already too heavy with that folder in it.  So you are saying I should use two slides for the drawer and that will keep it from sagging?

Yes sir, it still may sag a little but not near as much. And it will last a lot longer. You want one slide as far as the height of your drawer will slow apart from the other, and they need to be parallel.  You will be happy you did. 

Ps. I am glad you did not take offense, that was ment to be nothing but constructive.  So often nowadays, people get but hurt on boards and Facebook and such and over nothing.  I was really worried about it when I was typing but wanted to help ya out. 

Thanks alot.  I did go ahead and attach the other slide and yes it made a big difference, its working like it should now.  I just couldn't figure out how I would get it to hold up, without me having to hold it when I slid it out, and your advice solved my problem.  Thanks again..