Sign in to follow this  
faceOdd

Mardi Gras Mask

Not my usual style, but I like it. The picture doesn't show the irridescence, but it's a layer of green acrylic covered with a layer of antique gold, then a layer of purple, and then a little more watered-down gold. When you look at it in real life, it's impossible to know what color it is because it changes as the position changes.

I'm vending at a women's conference in a few weeks. I signed up for it because someone saw my masks on display in October, then met me, and said, "Oh! I thought the mask-maker would be a big guy named Darrel or something!" My work is clearly not very feminine, so this is an attempt to achieve balance. I've been procrastinating and now I'm running out of time. It's good to push one's limits, but is it ever hard to work outside the comfort zone!

Perhaps in this case, balance is over-rated : )

mg1.jpg

Tammy

post-5797-1201589412_thumb.jpg

Edited by TCLeathercraft

nice tammy, i love using the iridescence colors but they never photography very well.

Tammy, that's a very elegant looking mask, I think you'll do well at the womens conferance with ones like that.

Ken

Roo, if you find a way to capture the irridescence in a photo, please share your secret!

Thank you, Ken and Alex!

This one and the one I just finished (very similar, only a shimmery purple/red/silver) are for the artist consignment store where I sold my first bags. The tiny bit of Mardi Gras that happens in Seattle takes place right outside her door so I decided to see what people think of them. If nothing else, they'll help decorate her store : )

Back to bags for awhile now. The neon green awaits : (

~Tammy

Edited by TCLeathercraft