Kellen

Bought a Singer 211U567B Need Help With Drip Pan

Thank ya!, that was a first machine purchase for me, though wishing at auction it was a walker as Kellen found.

Back then it was cleaned up pretty well and with the top being aluminum it took a shine after paint removal.

I always keep an eye out for them 211 after doing a bit of learning with mine they are some nice smooth running machines.

Still kick myself for missing one several years ago on the internet sale place craigslist, it was couple hours away used in theatre work.

Anyway its pretty cool seeing some others on here with their machines they find. Then putting the super tune on them getting ready for work again.

Good day

Floyd

Polished huh, who'd a thought. You did a good job on it!

Yeah, I think we all kick ourselves at some time over the one that got away. I know I have, that's why the last one I just bought I didn't waste any time, hadn't been up long and once I'd confirmed it was a walking foot I grabbed it. A 1 hour drive across town (before it got too hot, but I still sweated dismantling it) but it was worth it.

Here some picture of the Original oilpan of my 211U567B

20170118_233440_resized.jpg

20170118_233459_resized.jpg

and some more. Hope this helps.

20170118_233611_resized.jpg

20170118_233645_resized.jpg

20170118_233748_resized.jpg

My Singer 211 has the same oil pan as fbmini, which at first I thought it's not the original. I think the original 211u did not come with a knee lifter, so you can see an ugly cut out hole on the oil pan to install a knee lifter. 

I'm not sure where you landed on this topic, but I purchased the same machine, or close (I have the 211U566), and I've been reading through the manual and it does have a pump - however, I believe it's just for the hook lubrication. Did you ever find the oil fill hole?  I think it's the same hole that the oil gauge goes in.  All the other oil holes lead to some kind of wick that lubricates a bearing or something like that.  

Have you ever looked into touchup paint or Decals for this machine?  Yours looks like it's in great shape - whereas mine could use a little more work. 

IMG_20220509_015525071.jpg

yeah, its the same hole as for the dip stick. There are no replacement decals for this machines. you may check with Keeler decals, maybe they can make them.

https://www.singerdecals.com/miscellaneous/

I have a similar machine on my bench atm and can provide some good clear pictures of the decals if needed.

Edited by Constabulary