Hello there,

first of all i just wanted to say that I am very happy that I found your website! So helpful!

I would like to ask for some advice on finding accessories for my machines.

I have a butterfly 335 cylinder bed compound feed sewing machine which I believe is a clone of pfaff 335 but not entirely sure and a emel-protex EM 3300 flat bed lockstich machine. I intend to use these machines to make leather bags. I have bought the machines in Nigeria and I believe the manuals  that came with them are not even for these machines. I cannot find any information on parts for these machines or where to buy them.

I would like to buy the following:

butterfly: straight stitch Guides, motor belt(10mm x1275mm) zipper guide and possible some other parts that I may need in leather bag making and someone could advice?

protex: straight stitch guides(I don't think there are holes to attach it though?) zipper guides and other feet that could be of help?

i live in France now so best would be some suppliers in Europe.

i am also looking for a leather skiving machine but I have a limited budget. I was thinking about this one:

http://www.sieck.de/en/machines/skiving/leather-goods-and-automotive-interieur/details/1382/

is anyone familiar with it? Any opinions?

i'd highly appreciate any help!

thank you,

Sandra

IMG_4170.JPG

Hi Sandra, 

Welcome to Leatherworker.net!

Your machine looks very much like a old-casting Pfaff 335, so I think you can use Pfaff 335 parts and accessories. This old-casting Pfaff 335 Manual should get you started on the right path:

Pfaff-335-Instruction-Book-Old-Casting-print.pdf

The belt on your machine looks too wide. Auto parts store may have the right ones, and some hardware stores carry them too. Look for a "3L xxx" type belt (3L is the width,  xxx is the length). 

For edge guides, you can either get a swing down edge guide like the KG-867 edge guide from Kwok Hing (with a KB-09 adapter bracket, the kit is called KG-1245), or you can use special edge guiding feet like GR-1245. I have these item in my ebay store with nice pictures, just for reference. Check out College Sewing in the U.K.  they carry a lot of the same parts that will fit your machine.

Your current throat plate/feed dog/presser feet look like they are intended for binding operations. You may want to get a standard gauge set (example: KH-335-R ) and feet (example KP-1245-W) for regular sewing tasks. 

Kwok Hing makes very good quality parts for Pfaff 335. The original Pfaff parts will be very expensive in comparison.

You are also missing a screw on the right that holds the machine to the table. The screws on the right are the important ones, actually, make sure you put bolts/screws in the holes on the right side. 

Edited by Uwe
links

Yep, looks pretty much like my old Pfaff 335 (except in better condition). You're also missing the slide-on cover that fits over the hook/bobbin assembly

Thank you so much for all the references and so quickly! 

I have the missing screws but they don't match the holes so I guess I'll have to make new holes in the table. I have the cover for the bobbin! Just found it in my stuff. We just moved in!

im looking for a belt too but at Kwog hing, they didn't really know what I meant and asked me for a picture. I'll try with the new reference and in local stores! Thx for that.

Sorry to come back to this but has anyone come across this particular SIECK skiving machine?

http://www.sieck.de/en/machines/skiving/leather-goods-and-automotive-interieur/details/1382/

it seems relatively cheap for a new one? I'm afraid of second hand ones from individuals in case they don't work or I struggle to set them properly. With a new one I hope I could get some aftersale service.

Also could somebody advice on a sanding machine for my raw edge bags? I was more thinking of something smaller from local stores but I'm not sure it will do the job?

Thx a lot for your replies!

I'm not surprised that Kwok Hing didn't understand you as they don't deal in belts. I've bought them from auto parts stores, but the last one I needed was a bit narrower than they stocked and I eventually found some at a bearing (as in ball bearings etc) supply place. As for a sander, you could look at the belt sanders used in woodworking. Some of these have 4" wide belts, a disc on the side for a circular sanding disc and are not that expensive (or too big!).

For sanding leather you don't need anything heavy duty. I also use a small sanding drum in a Dremel-type tool for getting into tight corners or just touching something up.

Thank you very much for your help!

On 1/14/2017 at 7:43 AM, Sandritou said:

Thank you so much for all the references and so quickly! 

im looking for a belt too but at Kwog hing, they didn't really know what I meant and asked me for a picture.

Industrial sewing machines usually require a type 3L, or M style v-belt. The width across the outside is 3/8 inch, or 10mm. The inside tapers down to fit inside the tapered groove in the flywheel pulley and belt pulley.

Thanks a lot got the belt today!