It's been a while since I posted anything and had a run of Glock holsters that I think turned out pretty well. All are clip on and all built out of 7/8 HO. The G21 is IWB for rightly. The pink G42 is OWB for a lefty and my first time trying to make a pink holster. The other G43 is IWB for a lefty. 

Have a great Friday and weekend folks.

235.jpg

234.jpg

251.jpg

247.jpg

246.jpg

258.jpg

260.jpg

Those are right pretty! I like to see some holsters with a little personality :)

Solid construction...reinforced in all the right places .. sandwiched clips .. tension in the bottom end... consistent color.... contrasting cosmetic thread ... whatz not ta like?!@!

I LIKE it :o

Oh, and I forgot to mention... good clearance fer a fella's hand.. nothing preventing a good solid grip on the gun butt :whistle:

Very nice Josh!  Wondering what type of finish you are using?

Those look great.

Looking good as always, Josh.

How are you liking the tension devices? I have been toying around with trying them out. I bought most of the components, but haven't tried them yet.

Thanks Biker & Krusher!

Finish is 50/50 water/Mop&Glo. The brown tones are Fiebings dye cut with alcohol and the pink is Angelous hot pink leather paint cut with alcohol. Next time I aim for pink I'm going to use oxblood dye cut heavily. I put a coat of black antique over the pink to highlight the carving. 

Thank you very much BHP! I'm just playing around with the tension screws as well. I've had personal holster loosen up enough after a few years of use that I'd tighten them up if I could, which was my intent with these. It's a new thing for me so I can't give a lot of feedback, but they are fairly easy to add it seems like they'd become useful as the holster gets more use. I can say that both of these holsters were plenty snug without any real tension on the screw, give the screw a few turns and you couldn't draw at all. 

Just in case anyone wondered, I picked up the stainless T-nuts and flat head screws from McMaster Carr. These are 8-32 and 3/4" long screws. 1" would have worked too, but they would have protruded slightly through the T nut. I have finishing washers on hand from my saddlery work but you can get them from McMaster as well. I am using hose from the auto parts store for the spacer, it's ID is probably between 3/16 and 1/4". I just went in and asked to look at their bulk hose in the back and got several feet of the sizes that looked like they'd work. 

All the best, Josh

My my my, those are right purdy. I like how the reinforcing piece on the pink holster is burnished to lie against the body of the holster, that's sharp!

The question I have is how LONG is that piece of hose that you are using as a spacer? I've got all the pieces, but I am leery of guessing how long to make it should I get it wrong and have to disassemble it to get the right piece back in there (Rest assured, that would be the time my stitching comes out looking good!)

That pink is spot on. Fabulous job, as always.

Red Bear

Great looking holsters Josh - very clean work! Mind if I asked how you achieved the pink coloring?

Thanks Red Bear! I cut the length of the hose just a hair under the width of the pistol. Once the screw is threaded into the T nut it'll squish down a lot. Part of my thought process is that having the tension of the compressed hose on the screw will keep it from backing out. I'm pretty new to tension screws, someone with more experience than I have with them might chime in and give you some more info. 

Thanks Eric! To get the pink I used some hot pink Angelus paint I had picked up some time ago and mixed it way down with iso alcohol. To mix it I put about 1/2 teaspoon into maybe 6 oz. of alcohol in a bottle and shock it vigorously. Another way of saying this is that I poured a little of the paint into the least full bottle of alcohol I had laying around. I applied it with a piece of scrap shearling. I thought it was "OK", it was a little to much like paint for me but my wife thought it was cool and the customer loved it. ext time I'm going try a few drops of Oxblood Fiebings in alcohol until it seems like the right color. I'm hoping to get more of a dye and less of a paint.

Thanks again!