3rdGen

Free Clicker

If I could move it, and had room, I'd take it :)

Wholly cow!! If Only you were in Louisiana......

Biker you grab one side, Capt grabs the other and i supervise. Leave it  in Tn and you guys can use it every time your here!

Edited by tnhomestead

Hahaha

Hope it finds a good home. Great looking machine ya got there. 

I'm nterested.

Where in NYC are you?

Edited by Mike516

Thanks for getting back to me E. Sorry was out of my shop for the rest of the day yesterday.

I've been doing some research on this machine. Would this be the model that weighs around 3,200 pounds, and would I be able to get a pallet jack under it?

Trying to see if I can put together a truck and some friends to come move it.

Sorry for the questions. Last thing you want is to answer a bunch of questions when you're giving something away. But I would rather waste as little of your time as possible.

Thanks again.

Edited by Mike516

Mike I do not know what your palette jack is rated to, we've used riggers in the past to move it, but yes it weighs about 3200lbs.  I've attached a pic so you can see how it is currently positioned on rails.  Call me at Walco if you'd like to discuss.  Number is online.

Eric

IMG_3709.JPG

Thank you Eric.

I hate to pass on this thing, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it happen. At least right now it doesn't look good.

I'm going to keep working on it, but I won't ask you to hold it for me.

Thanks again, much appreciate it.

Mike

Ok Mike, thanks for letting me know.  I'm going to post it on e-bay and see if there's any interest.    We are moving locations and unfortunately if I am unable to find a home for it, it will get dumped as scrap metal. If something changes please do let me know.

If you want me to recommend a rigger I can do so, I suspect it will run you about 1K to move it using a rigging company.

E

Yes, thank you.

I will let you know.

For what it is worth I have moved a couple of these size presses before and found 4 pieces of 1.5" heavy wall pipes and a crow bar with a rubber pad like conveyor belt to protect floor finish works pretty good to move around. A hyab crane truck can normally get to the doorway if strapped right.

Just putting this out there to maybe help someone out with ideas to make moving this work. the last used one I bought was similar in size to this one. I rented a pallet jack from Home Depot for $19.99 for the day. Rented a small truck with a lift gate from Enterprise vehicle rentals. if memory serves me that was about $100 for the day.

Loaded and unloaded it by myself with no problem. To get the press over obstacles like door jams , the edge of the lift gate etc, roll press to door jam while pushing the hand truck with handle facing away from obstacle. When front wheels hit obstacle lower jack until the press is on the obstacle and roll the jack back 6-8" and lift the press again. If you have room to move the jack past the press while on the obstacle, keep using this method until balance will no longer let you lift the press from the side your pushing from. Remove jack and move to other side and lift from that side and pull, use last technique in reverse...if you can't get the jack past the press and obstacle like if your going through a doorway, bring some sections of pipe that are higher than obstacle to roll press on.

truck driving 101. You can do it. if I wasn't in Utah I'd be all over this press! In my experience these presses are bullet proof and should they have a problem they are super easy to fix.

4 hours ago, 3rdGen said:

This item is no longer available.  Thanks all.

Eric

Guess Hercules finally showed up? HA!