Guest Dominic

English corrections, help wanted if you want ! :)

Guest Dominic

Hi! I just opened my Etsy shop and filled out the shop announcement section. Since I'm not a native English speaker, I probably made a few mistakes in my text, both grammar and sentence structure. If you don't mind , I copy/paste the text below. You can copy it back corrected, and I will send 5$ for your help. 

Thanks! 

Here's the text : 

- Most of the items on my shop are unique, since I work with different kind of leather and enjoy making different project every time.
 I have a huge collection of different colors and thickness.

- I always try to make the most out of every piece of leather I have and I use every square inch of the hide I'm working with. Simply to avoid wasting precious material, money and in a way, a respect to the animal it uses to belong to. This is one of the many ways I use to be environmentally friendly in my shop.

- I also use Eco-friendly products, from water based glue and dye to second hand sewing machines or tools.

In proper hands and proper care, your leather item will last for years and even decades, resulting in less garbage in the landfill. 

Little story, I used to buy PU leather wallet ( PU is faux leather, fake leather, which is a piece of fabric coated with polyurethane ) and most of them would last from three to six months. I decided one day to buy a genuine leather wallet, although six times more expensive. Here I am, 12 years later, with the same wallet, in real good condition that will still last me  few more years!  In the long term, leather is money saving and eco friendly! 

If you have any custom projects, don't hesitate to contact me ! Thanks

Dominic

Well this is me forgot to sign in ! 

Hello Dominic,

Here is a version you may want to use,.....

Most of the items in my shop are unique, since I work with different kinds of leather. I have a huge collection of different colors and thicknesses. I enjoy making different projects every time.

To avoid wasting precious material and out of respect to the animal, I always try to make the most out of each piece of leather. I use every square inch of the hide I'm working with. This is one of the many ways I try to be environmentally friendly in my shop.

I also use Eco-friendly products, from water based glue and dyes to second hand sewing machines and tools.

In the proper hands and with proper care, your leather item will last for years and even decades, resulting in less garbage in the landfill. 

Here is a little story. I used to buy PU leather wallets ( a faux, or fake leather, which is just a fabric coated with polyurethane ) and most of them would last from three to six months. One day I decided to buy a genuine leather wallet, although it was six times more expensive. Here I am 12 years later, with the same wallet, in very good condition. It will still last me  few more years!  

In the long term, leather is economical and eco-friendly! 

If you have any custom project needs, please don't hesitate to contact me ! Thanks

Edited by R SFraser Sr

Thanks man ! How can I transfer you the money? 

Ce n'était rien, vraiment, Dominic.

I have not been on this forum very long, but I do notice that members are willing to share

their time and knowledge. I'm sure you will do the same.

bob

Yeah, it's called 'paying it forward'!  Someone does something for you, you return the favour by helping out someone else.

My one complaint about the above is Eco-friendly should not be capitalized, because it's not a proper noun. You'd only capitalize it it if were a brand name (for example, Eco-flo dye).

Thank you very much!