Chrism

Distressed/aged checkbook cover

Curious, what weight leather are you using?  I build mine from 2-4oz econo grade stuff from Tandy, some of that stuff requires no distressing on my part as it's already pretty beat up in spots.

Stu

hi,

Just curious...who still uses check book covers in the electronic era?

1 hour ago, dirkba said:

hi,

Just curious...who still uses check book covers in the electronic era?

Well, I do, for one. And admittedly, I'm a little balky when it comes to the "electronic era" and techy stuff. I still pack around an old flip phone.  Around here, every once in awhile you have to pay for something where they don't take plastic; the feed store, the sand blaster guy, my landlord, so yeah, I still carry a checkbook.  And if ya buy some calves at the sale barn. . . .you guessed it, they want a check, not plastic.  Just about any local farm auction wants either cash or a check, etc,etc,. Lots of places you can't use plastic and almost nobody carries around a LOT of cash. I know a guy that's never in his life even had a credit card.

Edited by Big Sioux Saddlery

Hi Big Sioux,

Thanks for the info and I am blown away...just could not imagine that check book covers still have a meaningful purpose - and for that I'll gladly "pay my way forward".

Let me have you postal detail and I'll send you my prized African Buffalo hide check book cover (no longer used), when an acquaintance from Texas visits in March! 

;)

39 minutes ago, Mattsbagger said:

It seems a bit. Well. Huge. And dont they need 2 pockets? 

This just a simple cover. Don't have a whole lot of leather left. Opted out on pockets. 

3 hours ago, dirkba said:

Hi Big Sioux,

Thanks for the info and I am blown away...just could not imagine that check book covers still have a meaningful purpose - and for that I'll gladly "pay my way forward".

Let me have you postal detail and I'll send you my prized African Buffalo hide check book cover (no longer used), when an acquaintance from Texas visits in March! 

;)

Well that would be cool, and probably the closest I'll ever get to Africa!  I'll PM you