JLSleather

Stampin

Hey, no kiddin'.. thassa lot more stampin than it looks like!

asd.jpg

Looks awesome. And it's a lot of stamping. I would love to do a belt like that but still a bit ascared of messing it up. I actually like hand stitching them. Probably just have to go head and try it. Whatshould the worst that can happen right? Lol

I always struggle with keeping the stamp pattern lined up .  What method do you use to keep everything lined up?

Nice job, that is a hard stamp to keep lined up, worse than a basket stamp by far, IMO.

Sometimes have to lift your left leg and lean into the curve ;)

That's so pretty I hate to see the holes poked in it.

If I woulda been thinkin', I'da set the stitch spacing the same as the circle spacing.... and wooohooo...

Just awesome!! Never thought of lifting my leg so I tried it, my dog looks at me kind of funny now though.  Seriously, beautiful work, that stamp is hard to keep aligned.

Chief

:rofl:  the dog ... thinks yer takin' his spot!  :rofl:

Lookin' good!  Those geometrics are really tough to keep aligned exactly but it looks like you've done it!  It's a LOT of work!

Bill

Wow great looking belt!

It IS impressive.  So let me ask again.  Is there a technique that helps keep the stampings so perfectly aligned? I use a set of dividers and a square for some on my stuff, but it would not work well for this type of pattern...

Thanks

1 hour ago, TomG said:

It IS impressive.  So let me ask again.  Is there a technique that helps keep the stampings so perfectly aligned? I use a set of dividers and a square for some on my stuff, but it would not work well for this type of pattern...

Thanks

Sorry -- everybody replying they were familiar with the stamp, so I thought you all knew Tandy sells a "grid" template.  You could do it with a divider, if you got time to spare ;)

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/geometric-stamping-grid-craftaid-1-4-3-8-1-2

35 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Sorry -- everybody replying they were familiar with the stamp, so I thought you all knew Tandy sells a "grid" template.  You could do it with a divider, if you got time to spare ;)

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/geometric-stamping-grid-craftaid-1-4-3-8-1-2

I feel like I've been living under a rock.  All these years, and I had no idea such a thing existed.  I hate to even admit that! And yes, I've been using a square and a dividers!

4 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Duh.  Now I feel stupid.  I've seen those for years now and never even though of using them for straps.  For some reason, I guess I though they were for things like folders, covers and larger items.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to pick one up and work with it.

The craftaid for these is a huge help ... But its still a bit of a challenge to keep the stamp exactly aligned.  Well done!

11 hours ago, billybopp said:

The craftaid for these is a huge help ..

Yeah, the dividers / compass thing would drive me nuts purdy durn quick, I'm guessin'.

You did a great job getting an even depth on those stamps as well. Craftaid won't help with that.

what stamp is used for this pattern

I picked up this Craftaid today and in my opinion, it's a great aid.  I haven't worked with it but a short time, and noticed a couple of issues. 

1) For best results, make sure that the stamp you are using is sized so that the ends do not overlap and that they don't leave hardly any gap.  If they overlap, you get depressions at that point.  If they leave too much of a gap, it leaves the grid line visible.

2) Use the lightest impression that you can still see the grid lines.

3) Make sure you have good lighting on all sides of the stamp to help with positioning the 4 points of the tool.

Other than this, it seems like a good item to have in your tool bag. 

Thanks to JLS for the info.