Boatdoc

Help finding rigging plate

First post here. Trying to locate a supplier for a open style double 'C' ring similar to the Bork 5085, but in stainless. I need them for my first saddle build, which is an in skirt rigged mule saddle. Corriente uses them on their mule saddles, but don't sell hardware. I've exhausted my search ideas for weeks and thought maybe someone on here knew of them. Thanks in advance,

Aaron

I believe Walsalls has that plate, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I ordered it by mistake.  That's a lot of metal under a person's leg, IMO.  I used to use Ralph Shimon's 3-way plates, designed on the same principle, being able to move the latigo from one position to the other without unlacing it, but haven't used it in years for that reason.  It takes away a lot of flexibility of the skirt.  Great theory though.

I tried to add a picture of one installed in a skirt, but file size was too large. I understand what you are saying, Big Sioux. I was just thinking this design was more compact and had a stronger pull being closed across the top than the more common 3 legged double 'C's that you see used. Although this one attaches with only 4 rivets instead of 6. Just a much cleaner, handier design. 

A Big Thank You to Big Sioux for your help. I contacted Walsall's and found the elusive plate is called their '5055' model. I should have asked here sooner. Thanks for the help and for all the contributors to this site. It is a wealth of knowledge. 

Aaron

You are welcome. I agree about it being better than the standard double "C".  I hate the single "C" for that matter. I see way too many coming in for repair that have torn out or are in the process.  Part of what makes the design of the 5055 and similar plates better is that a plug is used and a lot of the pull is sustained by the plug, not just the rivets.  Design of the skirt or rigging leather itself has some bearing on how well and how long they hold up before they need repair.