On many alligator bags in store(specifically Nancy Gonzales), the manufacturer uses a matching edge cote to finish raw edges.I've seen reds, rusts, navys, turquoises whites and many shades of brown. Since Fieings only offers two colors...black and brown...Where can I get the colored edge cotes? Does anyone know? Can you make it yourself? I really need this info. Please help!!!!

Joy

Hi,

On bags in stores, specifically Nancy Gonzales and alligator bags, there are matching edge cotes used in colors like pink, red, blue, green etc. Does anyone know where to get these? Do you make them yourself? How can I get colors of edge cote? Please help!!!!

Thanks,

Joy

Hi,

On bags in stores, specifically Nancy Gonzales and alligator bags, there are matching edge cotes used in colors like pink, red, blue, green etc. Does anyone know where to get these? Do you make them yourself? How can I get colors of edge cote? Please help!!!!

Thanks,

Joy

You can make your own by using Future Floor Finish which is an Acrylic and not a wax. You can make it any color by adding pigments of any color obtained at an art supply or craft store. If that isn't convenient you can also use RIT dye or something similar obtained from most Grocery stores .

This makes a very durable edge coat and stays flexible .

This mixture will have a long shelf life if kept in a small bottle or container that will seal tight. I use the old clear 35mm film containers for small amounts and that seems to work well.

Blake

Hi,

Thanks,

Joy

I just use Fiebing's spirit dye. I can get any color under the sun. A good burnish will shine it up and give you a perfect edge.

You can make your own by using Future Floor Finish which is an Acrylic and not a wax. You can make it any color by adding pigments of any color obtained at an art supply or craft store. If that isn't convenient you can also use RIT dye or something similar obtained from most Grocery stores .

This makes a very durable edge coat and stays flexible .

This mixture will have a long shelf life if kept in a small bottle or container that will seal tight. I use the old clear 35mm film containers for small amounts and that seems to work well.

Blake

This is great information, Blake. Thanks.

Now I've got another R&D project.

A quick additional search turned up the following information, which might be useful:

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Ed