BeercuelsTheSecond

Anyone talked to Terry att Knipknifes?

Hi!

I guess most of who know about the knife that Terry Knipschield make. Those wonderful knifes caught my interested when i saw Nigel's review of them a while back. And since I come form a family with history of making knife I can spot the good ones. And this it was just love at first sight, you know the feeling right?

I got in contact with Terry in i think it was October and asked him a few questions. I told i was very interested in buying some knifes from him but didn't have the money at the time and would get back to him a few months later. I sent him an email last month with an order for two knifes, but no replay so far.

My question is then... Have any of you had any contact with in the last month and placed any order?
I'm just really keen on getting those wonderful knifes :)

I placed an order last week. You sure he got your email? Give him a call.

Super nice guy. He is very informative and friendly. 

I sent my first email a little more then a month ago and another one a few days ago. But it's good to know he's active anyway, so there might be hope :)

I got the same feeling when i talked to him the first time, informative and friendly. I haven't given giving him a call a thought, since i live in Sweden hehe.

I have heard nothing from him either.  I ordered knives back in November and have nothing since.  I too emailed last week...*crickets*.  I too live in Europe and a phone call to the US is not cheap and there is the time difference. :)

I have purchased from Terry in the past.  He has always replied.  I would think may something went wrong or he is having issues.

I would sugest sending another email.  It does seem odd that he would not respond.

Terry is EXTREMELY busy.  Almost overwhelmingly so.  If you want one of his knives, you will have to be patient.  He's a great guy and he will get to your order as soon as he can.  He is also a one man show and he refuses to compromise his quality.  If you don't hear back, a polite reminder email is the way to go.

Everyone....the emails are coming in thick and heavy and I may have missed some.  I'll try to review them again and respond.  Yes Im still trying to fill orders from back in November.  The order demand is so large I've run out of steel and am waiting for more to come.  I'm out of some heat treated blanks on some models and have to wait for the water jet people to cut them out.  All of this takes time.  I never expected demand to be this huge, and there is just me doing this...one person!   I make every knife one at a time, and they must be done correctly or I won't ship them until they are.  I'm not intentionally ignoring anyone here.  I've done a rough count and I'm looking at making two hundred knives to fill orders.  I can only complete about 4 a day.  I'm in the shop 7 days a week and am doing nothing else other than the usual household chores that must be addressed ( like shoveling for an 8" snowfall recently).  I'm very sorry about the long wait times...I don't like them either.  It's very stressful for me too, know my customers want the knife NOW.  But I am filling them in the order I get them, as I feel that's the only fair way.  I do not object to phone calls or more emails if you want to check status, as I do think I've missed responding on some, but not on purpose..     Terry

Hondo, I believe we had correspondence on Jan 24 and I said i'd have them done this week for you!

Terry

Beercules the second, If you will let me know your email address, I'll try to look it up and finish your knives.  When the email is not mentioned, it's hard to find the specific correspondence and reply!

Thanks!

Terry