Got a tri-weave tool and tried it out. Outside is 8-9oz, lined with 5-6oz. First lined one I've done. Fiebings pro oil black outside/natural inside. Thick enough for a light gunbelt.

The thread is supposed to be white. Looks more like bone or ivory to me. Buckle from Tandy. Cant take pics worth a dang, sorry.

finished.jpg

unfinished.jpg

Nice Job, Haven't tried the tri weave yet, what's the secret to keeping it straight?

mark a point on top of the stamp and always have that mark facing the same way you are heading, that way it will usually stay straight. 

Looks good 

Nice looking belt. I've just about given up on my tri-weave, l can't keep it straight.  That is a much cleaner impression than I get from my craftool. Who made your stamp.

It does like properly cased leather. And like he sez, heavy maul or double tap! If you go the double-tap route, make sure it doesn't bounce.

Unfortunately, you can't hide a scribe line with this one like you can with the basketweave stamp. I do a FAINT line with the ball end of the scribe tool. I'm considering making something with a laser to put the line where I need it without scribing something that will show up when antiquing or staining. 

Nice belt!

I use an erasable silver pen for marking on leather - it just disappears with a damp cloth!

Good to know! Thanks!

Thank you!!

Typical conversation at my house:

wife: that's pretty

me: meh, looks like crap

I tend to be very critical of my work, whatever it is. Leatherwork, carpentry, whatever. She gets so frustrated...

Wow, so it's not only my house where that's heard. I show her all the dumb mistakes, she says she hadn't noticed any of them.