tmitch

Female Hinges for a Singer 112w139 Sewing Machine

I have not been able to find the female half of the hinges for a Singer 112w139.  These are the part of the hinge that mounts on the table to allow the machine to be tilted back.  Ebay has a few of the male half that mount to the machine itself, but not the female.  The male part uses a curved tab that appears to mount in a slot, but it isn't even shown in the parts book, so I can't even find a picture.  The machine is so heavy that it is extremely difficult to lift strait up for access to the underside for adjusting and oiling.  I have searched for any source of these parts and have been unable to find any.

Posting a photo of the pins on the machine and cut-outs in your table would help narrow down the exact part needed (there are several types).

Once you know the style you need, contact an industrial sewing machine dealer to buy table mounts. They assemble and sell tables for their machines and have various machine mounts on hand. We have several industrial sewing machine dealers who advertise via ad banners on top of our pages, in addition to a few, like Gregg from Keystone Sewing, who assist members who have technical questions.

My machine doesn't use pins. They are bolted on, and form wide hooks.  I don't have any cut outs because I am install the machine on a bench in my Office, so I will have to router them out after I have the parts.  I have searched on ebay for tables to try and find a picture of my kind on hinge with no luck.

hinges 001.jpghinges 002.jpg

Edited by tmitch
More info

See attached, these are no longer all that common any longer.  Appeared on a lot of Singer WW machines such as 112W140, 107W1, and many others being made at that time.

202259 Table Hinge Hook.JPG

Great, at least I know what it looks like.  Do you know where I can buy two Table Hinge Hooks?

And I'll take a set 

Bob Kovar said he will search the old parts bins when he has time. Those are ancient!

Hopefully Bob will find some, or other trusty banner vendors will jump in (or just contact them directly). They probably have them in stock in a neatly labeled drawer. The hinge hooks are readily available new from the usual supplier suspects. I'll probably order a dozen sets with my next order, just to have some new hook sets on hand for my own vintage machines. The new hooks are too cheap to even bother looking for old, used ones in my not-yet-organized vintage parts stash.

Edited by Uwe

14 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

Bob Kovar said he will search the old parts bins when he has time. Those are ancient!

...But he can get them new as well, they are available, under those part numbers, he'll know where to go.

Yes,we have them in stock.

Hi from Australia 

I know this is late but it still might help someone. had the same problem with missing female hinge parts so I improvised by cutting and filing a couple of old feed dog covers. Works well! I’ll try to add a picture.

5162C25B-23F0-4C30-AF20-0D2A1BB642C9.jpeg

Very clever and well done there Mizzy.:cheers: