antipaladin

Shell Cordovan

I've been saddened since Siegel of Ca. went out of business that I haven't been able to get any Shell Cordovan at all from Horweens. I saw Max on Etsy and bought 2 of the Whiskey shells (the thicker of the two options and XL) and I'm very, very pleased with the product and customer service. 

The entire shell is usable with no noticeable thinning at the edges. The color is a little darker than the Whiskey from Horween's, but next time I'll specifically request a lighter colored shell. I'm going to use one shell for a belt and watch straps, and the other for a Bible cover.

These are very firm, no doubt a result of the increased thickness, not really appropriate for wallets, etc but that's my own fault. I'll be ordering several thinner shells shortly. I'll post hi-rez pics when I get home from work tonight. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/shellcordovanshop

Thank you very much for your order and feedback, next time please shoot us a message and we will make a discount for you. 

On 1/24/2017 at 11:24 AM, antipaladin said:

I've been saddened since Siegel of Ca. went out of business that I haven't been able to get any Shell Cordovan at all from Horweens. I saw Max on Etsy and bought 2 of the Whiskey shells (the thicker of the two options and XL) and I'm very, very pleased with the product and customer service. 

The entire shell is usable with no noticeable thinning at the edges. The color is a little darker than the Whiskey from Horween's, but next time I'll specifically request a lighter colored shell. I'm going to use one shell for a belt and watch straps, and the other for a Bible cover.

These are very firm, no doubt a result of the increased thickness, not really appropriate for wallets, etc but that's my own fault. I'll be ordering several thinner shells shortly. I'll post hi-rez pics when I get home from work tonight. 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/shellcordovanshop

I'm curious...... How can you get a belt out of a shell?

On Thursday, March 02, 2017 at 3:45 AM, bikermutt07 said:

I'm curious...... How can you get a belt out of a shell?

Pretty sure they splice them or join two lengths. Or he is really thin. Have scene a few belts that were joined and they looked pretty good 

Okey dokey, Thanks Max.

Wowzers, that's going to be one expensive Bible cover... :o

First belt is about 7 years old. Shell Cordovan over Sedgewick Stirrup Butt. Three strips of shell sewn together. You'll probably be able to get by with 2 if you're not "big boned". :)

Second is the most recent version...also over Sedgewick. 

Last is incomplete Shell Cordovan wallet with sharkskin interior. 

belt1.jpg

belt2.jpg

wallet1.jpg

wallet2.jpg

Edited by antipaladin

Still smoothing and burnishing last week's finished shell wallet. Lot of layers here...takes some serious progressive smoothing with high grit sand paper, then by hand. 

edge.jpg

I may need four. My bones are bigger than big. Ha!