DanielToby

Types of wallet leather?

Orion Calf Ltd. sells genuine French calf (3-3 1/2 oz) and European baby calf (2 - 2 1/2 oz), chrome tanned aniline, ships from USA. If you want a consistent high quality product as used by top fashion brands, this is the real deal.

On 1/25/2017 at 9:59 AM, DanielToby said:

Ok, so all in all, what I'm looking to accomplish is the same type of material as the high end outfits use, but sourced in the USA. European style, American made I suppose is what I'm shooting for. Lightly pebbled/textured, nice bright colors (along with the standard black and brown). I have respect for the tan* spectrum of tanning, I understand it has it's place in the high end market as well, but it's very traditional and just not what I'm wanting to work with. I will be incorporating titanium and real carbon fiber "leather" (that's what the call it) into my designs. I'm going for super modern and super clean looks.

I do appreciate the help from all of you thus far! Maybe someone can help bring this in for me for exactly what I'm looking for. Right now as I said, I'm looking at using Acadia Leather https://www.acadialeather.com/ (anyone have any issues with them?) and maybe Waterhouse Leather (http://www.waterhouseleather.com/pebble_grain_cowhide.htm).

Check out rocky mountain leather. They are in the usa and carry high end french, american, and italian leathers in amazingly brilliant colors. Badalassi carlo pueblo (italian) and Alran chevre chagrin sully (french) are both excellent. Goat skin I believe. Many high end products you speak of are made from leathers like these.

Edited by mrnatural78