JerseyFirefighter

Gray Leather

Id be happy to buy it if someone sells it...however I was asked to commission a project with light gray leather. What I ahve read is that fiebings recommends using their custom reducer to lighten their black dye. If there is an alternative to their reducer (like thinner) id rather try it than buying a $2 4 oz bottle plus shipping. Otherwise I wouldnt mind buying gray drum dyed leather as im sure I could market it to my customer base. The heavier weight the better if prefinished. Thanks!

I tried dying something gray and the brown of the leather eventually showed through with age. I'd go with drum dyed, if I were you. There are some gray leathers available at maverickleathercompany right now. 

1 hour ago, MonicaJacobson said:

I tried dying something gray and the brown of the leather eventually showed through with age. I'd go with drum dyed, if I were you. There are some gray leathers available at maverickleathercompany right now. 

Thank you. Ill give them a ring tomorrow. I would hate to see a collar weather poorly. 

just found some. check out acadia leather. it's one of their daily deals for today.