bernielink

New member from New Mexico

Hi Folks, I'm a new member to your site. I'm really looking forward to learning from & contributing to our members.

I've been doing art on leather for a while & just getting into sheath & holster making. I have a lot to learn. Here is one of the art pieces that I've done.

Just wanted to say hello & introduce myself.

tree trunk low res.JPG

That is pretty neat.

Good luck.

I like the style, welcome...

NM..... "Red or green?  What kind of Coke do you want?"

ahh the good old days...

YinTx

Red! Always Red!

Si Senior's upped the ante:  chips on the table, red and green, also a really hot sour cream chile sauce... and for Coke, always the tea!  I was confused when I got to Texas, and they asked "sweet or unsweet?" when I sat down.  and everything was smothered in this red runny stuff with runny cheese all over the top of that... miss the Hatch stuff.

Of course, no one asks me if I need a passport anymore lol.

YinTx

Mmmmmm Hatch. Pueblo is good too.lol What kind of Coke? I'll have a Dr. Pepper. Haha it's an interesting place TX is.

Hehehe..TX.  Great place, but the TexMex.. not my thing after growing up on NM chile.

Course, lots of folks think TX and AZ border each other... hence one of our fifty is missing. :)

So they don't know about that Hatch Chile thing....

YinTx

When doing 66 with my dad and brother I said Texas should annex New Mexico. My brother said why?

Because then they wouldn't be named after Mexico, and we would have a west Texas that doesn't suck.

Win win.

Red Red and Red again.

Thanks for welcoming me. I was raised on Mexican food & still could eat it 3 times a day. When it comes to red or green, it depends on which restaurant I'm in but love 'em both, with a flour tortilla I'm in heaven. New Mexico is not the place to live if you're an ocean person, but if you like mountains WOW.

Thanks again for welcoming me, Sincerely Bernie

42 minutes ago, bernielink said:

Thanks for welcoming me. I was raised on Mexican food & still could eat it 3 times a day. When it comes to red or green, it depends on which restaurant I'm in but love 'em both, with a flour tortilla I'm in heaven. New Mexico is not the place to live if you're an ocean person, but if you like mountains WOW.

Thanks again for welcoming me, Sincerely Bernie

We have a sauce expert on our hands. Look out.

Speaking of great things to eat: I have a gunsmith friend that lives in western NM that sells pinons through out the US. Get 'em wet, put enough salt on them to give your doctor a heart attack, put 'em in the microwave for about a minute. Ummmmmmmmmmm!

Christmas of course! Both red & green because who wants to choose, lol. I am from southern NM, between Las Cruces and Hatch, where the good chile comes from!  And we still call all soft drinks "coke". :)

Welcome!

Haha.  I had not been back in a number of years, and when I went this summer, I was like "whats this Christmas chile??"

I still call all soda "coke."

And when  they started selling "Hatch" chile here in Texas, I could tell you it wasn't Hatch.  Turns out they are growing it in "the valley" which is here, in Texas.  Bah, not the good stuff lol.

Bernielink, we look forward to seeing more of your work!

YinTx