This case is similar to others I have made but this time I used harness leather.

It's W&C 8 oz. harness in tan. It was quite flexible for 8 oz. thickness, I was very pleased with it.

I stitched it with 1.2mm tiger thread at 6 spi. I used a 1 1/4' Cobra buckle. They are very strong and reliable.

I attached my handle from underneath the top. I don't like handles connected with billets on the top of the bag. I have seen too many of them pull away from the bag over time. 

I would not say it is elegant but it certainly is rugged.

I

IMG_0194_1.jpg

IMG_0193_1.jpg

IMG_0196_1.jpg

IMG_0198_1.jpg

IMG_0201_1.jpg

IMG_0204_1.jpg

IMG_0206_1.jpg

Great rugged business bag. Looks like it should last a millennia.

Functional, rugged, and beautifully constructed. That fits my definition of elegant to a T. Very nice. 

Thanks to both of you. 

WOW!!!!   Thats a beauty.

kiwican,shadowryder,

Thanks for the kind words.

Good looking bag.  Simple, rugged, and well made never goes out of style.  I like the way you attached the handle.  No way that is going to rip out.  Someone's going to be proud to have that bag.

electrathon, TrooperChuck,

Thank you guys. I try to design things that will last. I have seen too many briefcases with handles that failed. 

The way some handles are attached look like an after thought to me. Problem is when you design things for long term durability

you compromise the way it is going to look. I guess for me form follows function. 

BTW I know my stitching could be better, I'm working on it.

This one looks really nice, James. I remember the first one you did, and this one looks like what it was trying to be. 

Monica,

Thank you. I like the way you put that.  I'm always trying to improve on what I've done before. 

Sometimes it actually works out.

I think that is an excellent bag.

rameyleathercraft,

Thank you very much.

That looks incredibly durable!  I think something that may help with sleeking it down a little is to use slightly thinner hardwear.  If the metal is welded, there should be no way it's just going to pop apart, and if tempered correctly it's not going to just bend unless you're hauling gold bars in the bag, and even then I think the leather would give out first.  It would be awesome if you could find some that were flattened instead of rounded wire, but that might be something you'd have to custom make.  One last quibble, it bothers me a bit that there's a hard black shape in the center of the bag with no black elsewhere.  If the hardware was black also, it would let the eye wander around the bag a bit more instead of focusing on that one harsh spot.

Having said all that, it looks super nice, and I love how you handled the gussets.  The one bag I've made so far did NOT look as good as yours by half.  

Grey Drakkon,

Thank you. As far as the buckles go I see your point, They are made in different colors though. I may have to try something different.

Edited by JamesR

Real nice bag design and well put together

Bogwot,

Thank you