immiketoo

Absurdities n stuff

Every so often, the internet makes me weep for humanity.  People have opinions about things they know nothing about.  And they will fight to the death defending their position.  

Everyone like to be in their own little world and sleep at night with the myopic self assuredness that they "know" what's going on.

I used to be like this to a certain extent, believing what I was indoctrinated into.  One day, I woke up and realized that many of the the truths I held on to were nothing more than cleverly crafted opinions.  And we all know what opinions are like, right?

Sorry for the rant.  Sometimes I need to vent and why not do it among fellow enthusiasts.  Here is the pic that inspired the post.

True_Truth.jpg

That picture is kind of an interesting way of looking at things.......

CD in Oklahoma

CD, it is.  And, it make me consider other possibilities that I never thought existed before.  

We live in a world where opinion counts more than fact.   False news is taken as true, and so called documentaries are based on speculation only.

The world iis oversimplified to black and white, where if you do not share our opinion, you must be against us.

And yet a simple picture illustrates it all.

(Bloomin'' eck!   That was a bit deep.- ed)

Yeah I'm a little tired of being manipulated myself. But it is the world we live in today. I just find myself more guarded.

1 hour ago, LumpenDoodle2 said:

oversimplified to black and white

Actually, there are some things which are black and white.  This pic would seem to show that the truth is unchanged, regardless of how someone might try to show it in a different light.

An example:  A guy stood on the roof of a tall building, believing he could fly.  Believed it enough to jump.  And seconds later, he died.  There were multiple sad stories about mental illness, questions of drug use, etc.  But neither believing he could fly or why he believed he could fly could change the truth that he can't fly.

As for opinions, some folks get so scared of not being "one of the group" that they are unwilling to say the emperor has no clothes.

There is truth (this pic actually points to it with an arrow).  The sun rises in the east.  This is a simplified view, but a true one.  The sun is not actually "rising" at all, and we can debate why that direction is called "east", but it won't change what happens. I didn't cause it.  And I don't have an opinion about it one way or another.  Just the way it is.  True.

Edited by JLSleather