Tim321

Can you help me Identify this Consew?

Hi Folks,

I have been in the market for a sewing machine and came across this one:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craft/city-of-toronto/industrial-consew-sewing-machine/1222300498

Unfortunately the person who is selling it doesn't know the model number as the tag is gone and hasn't been able to find any serial numbers.  I am hoping one of you folks would be able to recognize this machine.  I have done loads of google image searches to find a match and no luck.

I am looking to sew anywhere up to 3 layers of 5/6oz veg tan for bags and 2 layers of 5/6 oz for totes and this one fits a sewing machine beginners budget considering it may need a tune up and a servo but may not fit my needs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to find a match too, but with no luck. Is it a walking foot, the mechanism around the feet looks different to my machines? I noticed it's missing the drip tray underneath (so must have been dripping oil on the floor???). The ad seems a bit funny to me, he/she said they're selling it because it's too fast (no surprise there) so I wonder why he/she didn't fit a servo instead of a new clutch motor?

I looked at the close-up photo of the foot area and it appears to be dual feed, top foot and feed dog. The needle is probably static. It would make a good denim and vinyl sewing machine. As for sewing leather, try it on some leather first. I have my doubts that it will sew the thickness you mentioned.

7 hours ago, dikman said:

I tried to find a match too, but with no luck. Is it a walking foot, the mechanism around the feet looks different to my machines? I noticed it's missing the drip tray underneath (so must have been dripping oil on the floor???). The ad seems a bit funny to me, he/she said they're selling it because it's too fast (no surprise there) so I wonder why he/she didn't fit a servo instead of a new clutch motor?

I don't think she knows about them to be honest.  The one thing I couldn't find a match on was the position of the stitch length dial in the photos.

6 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

I looked at the close-up photo of the foot area and it appears to be dual feed, top foot and feed dog. The needle is probably static. It would make a good denim and vinyl sewing machine. As for sewing leather, try it on some leather first. I have my doubts that it will sew the thickness you mentioned.

Thank you very much for the info. I figured it wasn't what I was looking for but had to ask!  One thing I find very frustrating looking for a used machine on craigslist or kijiji is so many people don't tell you the model number of the machine.

Edited by Tim321

Needle, top and bottom feed it looks like similar to a t111-155 tacsew or possibly a old juki. Probably fits great in the denim mfg. lineup. And looks as though the bottom with no thread latch mechanism puts a slightly different duty use. A hair cheaper with less machinery down there like some of the walkers less the latch. Its known compound feed can move some material but many that do tough but thinner material don't have much use with the compound/walker its actually a hassle. I guess its like they say there's a place for everything.

Floyd

It's  appears to be a Consew 205RB, made in Japan by Seiko.

BUT...now I'm not so sure, this machine does not have the 205RB oil pump with oil pan.  

New models are white, this is hammer grey.

Here are the books;
CLICK HERE for Consew 205RB Parts

CLICK HERE for Consew 205RB Owners

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

11 minutes ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

It's a regular Consew 205RB, made in Japan by Seiko.  New models are white, this is hammer grey.

thanks!

Tim, I was also using the stitch length dial as a reference point and am unable to match it to any photos on google thus far (either Consew or Seiko). Nor have I found one with that type of foot configuration (yet).

The Seiko I recently bought didn't have a model number either, but at least I managed to match it via google photos (and some input from Gregg).

It's amazing how many people advertise an "industrial sewing machine" but don't include a model number!