My 10 yr old thought Barbie needed a functional high end leather Tote bag. So she made her one this weekend. 

received_10203013219766748.jpeg

LOL!!! Love it Bro,she is gonna go a long way..

That's just too cute :clapping:

She bopped out 2 belt buckles for a friend. Useful the Tandy press punched one for 1 pattern and then bopped the previous punched one too.lol She loves hitting stuff.lol with that maul. I just got to work out lacing the previous punched one.

very cute!!! and as a 41 year old I still love smacking the crap out of things with my mallet makes me giggle like a school girl some days!!

She did a great job, especially with the stitching. If I show my daughter she will want to do one for her American Girl doll.

That is awesome... I always loved it when my girls would come out to the shop and join in on whatever I was working on.  My oldest daughter still comes over and bangs on metal with me and my youngest went to school and got her construction technologies certification and degree... so I guess it paid off ;)

I don't want to highjack your thread but I was inspired but your kids story.  My daughter wanted to make her mom a Christmas gift. It was her design. I did about half of the cutting and the carving.  She did 3/4 of the stitching. I had to finish it up. I was really proud of her, stuck with it longer than I thought she would.  Especially since most of the stitching had to be done with it formed.  The yellow is mill tanned leather from a shop that makes chaos, and the holes started closing up. 

Edit-crap I can't post pictures here

Edited by Brianm77

52 minutes ago, Brianm77 said:

I don't want to highjack your thread but I was inspired but your kids story.  My daughter wanted to make her mom a Christmas gift. It was her design. I did about half of the cutting and the carving.  She did 3/4 of the stitching. I had to finish it up. I was really proud of her, stuck with it longer than I thought she would.  Especially since most of the stitching had to be done with it formed.  The yellow is mill tanned leather from a shop that makes chaos, and the holes started closing up. 

We end up getting my girl her own shoulder for Christmas. She has done valet trays ,bracelets, and now has a couple belt buckles in the works. Next time she's down she is planning on a "can coozie". She got artistic ability from her mom. She draws up her own patterns even.

57 minutes ago, Brianm77 said:

Reduce the size of your picture, then you should be able to post it.  Lots of links here and elsewhere on the web about reducing your picture size.  Search them out and give it a try.

Tom

3 minutes ago, Mattsbagger said:

We end up getting my girl her own shoulder for Christmas. She has done valet trays ,bracelets, and now has a couple belt buckles in the works. Next time she's down she is planning on a "can coozie". She got artistic ability from her mom. She draws up her own patterns even.

This is really cool. Y'all have "your thing".

Well she finished up her belt buckles. Did a double loop lace on one. I don't lace so she watched YouTube videos to figure it out. Not bad for the first go IMO. She also used the motor burnisher but preferred finishing it by hand.

IMG_20170212_160337_943.jpg

Cool. I have that turtle on my wallet.

Way to go young dudette.

You got yourself an apprentice

On February 3, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Mattsbagger said:

That is awesome,. Finally figured out a way.  Here is the one my daughter started for her moms Christmas present.  Now I am working on something for Valentine's Day for the wife with their help.  Funny how only time I can get their help is when it is for their momma, lol

image.jpeg