This bag was designed for an exhibition in Taiwan. I wanted to design a bag that I thought reflected something unique about Taiwan and my experiences living here for the past 20 years. One of the 1st things about Taiwan that grabbed my attention the 1st day I arrived was the swarm of motorbikes that covered the streets. Motorbikes or scooters are by far the preferred form of transportation throughout Taiwan and they vastly outnumber all other forms of transportation on the densely-populated Island. These compact modes of transportation are favored for their convenience in parking and inexpensive maintenance. But as convenient as they are, they are also quite dangerous and it's not uncommon to see accidents daily. I myself have been in 2 over the years, resulting in breaking a shoulder in each accident. I have since thrown in the towel and now drive a car with lots of airbags..! Regardless, these bikes have left a deep impression on my life and so I decided to create a luxury bag built around the properties of a scooter tire. Coming up with a design I really liked that would work well with the shape and weight of the tire was challenging at 1st, but eventually the concept came to life. The 1st challenge I had starting out was finding the right tire for the job. So, I went to a large motorbike shop and to my surprise after hearing about my plans to design a bag out of a tire they began to enthusiastically bring out every tire they had in their collection for me to choose from. This made finding the right tire a whole lot easier and they have my sincerest appreciation..! To make this project a piece of art and not just a bag I wanted to incorporate the use of a variety of exotic leathers, such as horse leather, gazelle fur, and fine Italian tanned leathers on different components of the bag to give it a richly exotic look and feel. To lighten the weight of the bag I have removed any unnecessary rubber from the tire and have used extra thick (3mm thick) Leather to provide the bag with strength and support for the tires shape and weight. Every component you see on the bag was cut, dyed, and stitched together by hand using only traditional techniques... The end result was better than I could have expected! After spending about 2 months coming up with a design I spent about another 50 -60 hours to build the bag itself! Since then I have come up with 3 distinct designs for the tire bag for both larger and smaller tires. If you'd like to see more pictures of this bag and some of my other leather artwork and designs, please visit my page at www.fischerworkshops.com Thanks!!!

Chris 8 new.jpg

That is a really cool bag. I saw the others in the gallery postings.

You have some real talent. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for posting your one-of-a-kind bag.  I looked at your website and bookmarked it.  You have posted some great information there - Thank you!

20 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

That is a really cool bag. I saw the others in the gallery postings.

You have some real talent. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

20 hours ago, MikeG said:

Thanks for posting your one-of-a-kind bag.  I looked at your website and bookmarked it.  You have posted some great information there - Thank you!

Thank you!

I did not see the gallery photos but am wondering, how does the bag open?  Did you split the tire at all?  Looks really cool.

1 minute ago, cjartist said:

I did not see the gallery photos but am wondering, how does the bag open?  Did you split the tire at all?  Looks really cool.

If you click on my icon or logo it will take you to my gallery where you can see how the bag opens in the front. Thanks!

WOW !!!!!!!! lost for words