Sign in to follow this  
Billroy1

Singer 16-141 roller edge guide

Hi folks,

As a new member to the forum, I need to send out a big thanks to the people who post here, members and sponsors alike.  It is an info-packed resource, unique on the web for the breadth of knowledge.  Any used machine I was curious about could be googled and something from this site would come up.  Without the budget to pick up a 441 or 205 style, I recently came across a Singer 16-141 for a price I could afford, and I am pretty excited to get it working.  But I could not find any posts specifically on this walking foot machine.  Most are for the 16-188, which seems a little different in the walking mechanicals.    So I figured I would start a new thread.     

While I know the L bobbins it takes are pretty common, and parts are generally available, one item I would like to add sooner than later is a roller edge guide.   I found the instruction manual and part list, but the roller guide is made up of a dozen individual parts or sold as an assembly.  Is there an aftermarket solution that may work better?  I had heard good things about the flip-up (rather than bed mounted) style, so am open to recommendations.  

http://www.download-service-manuals.com/download.php?file=Singer-7331.pdf&SID=s6c7uqiumju8aj9s8t6l0o7f66

http://parts.singerco.com/IPpartCharts/16-137_141.pdf

Thanks in advance

Bill 

Edited by Billroy1
Changed instances of guard to guide

Billroy1,

Send us a few pics of the machine so we can see  the head of the machine.  I am not familiar with this particular singer machine.

glenn

Sure, here are some pics

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0243.PNG

Billroy,

Thanks for the pics of the machine.  The roller guide in the original parts manual was a complicated one that you could disengage with a lever.  Today, there are some generic ones available that are relatively inexpensive. They all mount to the table in the two holes that you circled.  Part # 6440, #RG1 and #G30 are parts numbers for roller guides.  You would need (2) #284 or #286 thumb screws to secure it to the table.  All of these parts are available  on either Ebay or from our dealers listed above.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar

Hi Glenn

Thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for!

Bill

Hello Bill I have a 16-141 Singer as well, love this old machine Pops sewed on it for many years, I’m looking for needles for it , I had found some 16x64 #23 this is what was written on the sleeve, I am looking for a #20 size ,most source I’m talking act as if I’m asking for hens teeth, I’m not familiar enough to know the needle sizing terminology. Do you or any one know a source.