Hi to all , new boy here from N.Wales in the UK, thought I would 'show off' my first two bags ,first two leather items ever to be honest, laptop/briefcase for my wife but is a little heavy for her fully loaded so currently working a lighter more lady like model.

And a shower/bathroom bag which is now lined with a zipped water proof removable liner, the leather is also waterproof. 

Both hand stitched and to my own designs.

Currently working on wet moulding a couple of saddle handbag designs

More to come ......... interested in your comments and advise.

Looks like a great forum with a lot of talented members who love to share there passion. 

Thanks for looking Richard

DSC_0025 (2).JPG

LT 1.jpg

WOW for your first efforts they are amazing

Awesome work for first projects... you don't start small!... question though, what is the handle on the front of the briefcase bag for?

Crashresq 

thanks for your comments, I made the bag for my wife who spends a couple of days a week traveling by train with her work, getting on and off with two sometime three bags was becoming a problem, so she slides her hand inside the handle and grabs the base stops the bag swinging around, works for her...

That's what I suspected, just confirming... great work - I haven't tackled a bag of that complexity yet... several messenger style bags and smaller stuff... but I'm working up to it :)

Great Job! Really like the design of the Toiletry Bag. The handle is a great addition, this coming from someone who used to have to carry one from a berthing to the head/showers on an aircraft carrier.

1 hour ago, Ordiedaddy said:

Great Job! Really like the design of the Toiletry Bag. The handle is a great addition, this coming from someone who used to have to carry one from a berthing to the head/showers on an aircraft carrier.

Ordie - What carrier?  I was deployed on CV-62, USS Independence from '83 to '87....

Edited by Crashresq

Great efforts. I won't even say for first try. They look farther along then first projects.

Really good job.

Thanks for all your kind comments, they are my first leather bags I am currently trying wet moulding which seems to be going well.

I have worked in design and prototype manufacture and have always enjoyed woodwork, I recently converted a van into a camper and carried out the conversion myself including the leather upholstery front and back , its the upholstery that got me interested in leather bags and leather work in general. The intention was to use my walking foot machine to stitch with but I prefer hand sewing. 

The standard of work on this site inspired me to try out bags and I am amazed at the skill and attention to detail you guys apply, I have learnt a lot from this site. keep up the good work.

On 2/13/2017 at 9:30 AM, Crashresq said:

Ordie - What carrier?  I was deployed on CV-62, USS Independence from '83 to '87....

I was on the Connie, Kitty Hawk and Independence from 95 to 01

On 2/8/2017 at 5:25 AM, Bogwot said:

Hi to all , new boy here from N.Wales in the UK, thought I would 'show off' my first two bags ,first two leather items ever to be honest, laptop/briefcase for my wife but is a little heavy for her fully loaded so currently working a lighter more lady like model.

And a shower/bathroom bag which is now lined with a zipped water proof removable liner, the leather is also waterproof. 

Both hand stitched and to my own designs.

Currently working on wet moulding a couple of saddle handbag designs

More to come ......... interested in your comments and advise.

Looks like a great forum with a lot of talented members who love to share there passion. 

Thanks for looking Richard

I like the idea of the side handle on the shower bag. I'd like to see a clearer shot of that!
Some nice clean design there-- the folks on this forum do inspire each other to up their games!

Off topic from leather: Where in N. Wales do you live? When I was studying Welsh for a summer down in Lampeter, Dyfed, I took a bank holiday to see Snowdonia, Caernarvon, Bangor and Anglesey.

Hi, I am based in Mold about 18 miles from Chester and 10ish from Wrexham. Just over an hour from Snowdonia NP,