Hey gentle people, 

Due to a recent interest in my butterfly knife sheaths people have been requesting other items.  I ,naively, agreed to make a customer a trifold wallet without buying a template.   Also, I agreed to use a money clip that he sent me from another wallet, as he is not a fan of most traditional money clips.  I ran into numerous issues regarding width and finding a way to tool his initials; written in his hand writing.  I have made a few card holders and minimalists wallets, but this was tough.  If I start getting more wallet orders I will definitely order one of those plastic templates from Ebay.  As far the sheath, I am pretty happy with it, but it was the first time tooling this figure, so my muscle memory was not quite there.  Also, the displayed knife IS NOT the knife that this sheath is made for.  I took some criticism from another member on my last post about retention; I can assure anyone looking, my sheaths carry and protect the knives they are meant for.  Thanks for lookin. 

20170208_182523.jpg

20170208_204838.jpg

20170207_163811.jpg

20170208_182620.jpg

20170207_163918.jpg

20170207_163840.jpg

20170208_205310.jpg

20170207_164003.jpg

20170207_163756.jpg

looks good but just curious, why go from lacing on the top opening to stitching on the sides?

They both look great. I have had good luck from wuta leather for templates. I have 3 of his templates and 2 more on the way. He's not real big on instructions though, but he says he is working on it.

20 hours ago, Halitech said:

looks good but just curious, why go from lacing on the top opening to stitching on the sides?

Hey there, 

I look at lacing as more of decorative option rather than a solidified bonding technique.  You can't beat the saddle stitch, as far as function goes.  In addition, leather lacing can be brittle, so I rarely use it as a stitching option.  Plus, I get to practice with both techniques in a single project. Thanks for lookin.

VT  

Wow really nice execution there!  

3 hours ago, VTleather09 said:

Hey there, 

I look at lacing as more of decorative option rather than a solidified bonding technique.  You can't beat the saddle stitch, as far as function goes.  In addition, leather lacing can be brittle, so I rarely use it as a stitching option.  Plus, I get to practice with both techniques in a single project. Thanks for lookin.

VT  

I'm sure Chief and Rohn and a few other oldtimers will be glad to hear that about the lace so they can stop using it after 40 years. If your lace is brittle, maybe it's a problem with your lace as some people use it on holsters for every day carry and they don't have an issue with it breaking.

I thought maybe you had an issue with transitioning from a single layer to 2 layers on a corner or just don't like doing corners at all.

I can't tell if people's responses are meant to be condescending or not.  I seem to get a few every time I make a new pic post.  Then, I go and look at their work and I get it. 

5 hours ago, VTleather09 said:

I can't tell if people's responses are meant to be condescending or not.  I seem to get a few every time I make a new pic post.  Then, I go and look at their work and I get it. 

Wow.  Thanks.  

4 hours ago, Grey Drakkon said:

Wow.  Thanks.  

That was NOT directed toward you, my friend.  Your stuff is very good and shows skill. 

Ah, well I wasn't being sarcastic about your work, for what it's worth.  My stuff is pretty amaturish compared to many talented people on these boards though.