chasman52

PFAFF1445 Spec's

7 hours ago, imstephenjones said:

I have a Pfaff 1445. It's a beast of a machine. You can turn down the speed on the motor. on the side you should see a dial that will control the speed.

I like this machine. I use it as a backup for my Pfaff 1245. Mostly using it for stay stitches on my waxed canvas bags. It can sew through a TON of material. It's basically a 1245 built for the production floor - they wanted a system that could run quick without overheating. They stopped making them because the market wasn't sustaining.

I can sew 3/8" of leather on it. Your thread may be breaking because of the tension when you are running through the leather. A size 22 needle is more than enough for T90. I think I'm using a 19.

Do you have any other issues you are looking for help on? Would love to get a solid document online with everything we can muster about this machine. Finding any details about it is a real pain in the neck.

It was the tension alright. I had to center the needle and adjust the needle height. Then back off a ton of tension. I can put a balanced stitch in 4 layers of denim.

I still have to wait for thread & needles to come in before I  have a go at my leather. I don't have a Lot of scrap.

I have 4oz chrome tan I'm making a tote.

Does tex138 and a#20 leather needle sound like the right combination? 

This is how it looks on 2 layers of 5oz. Milled vegtan

Tex90 with 22 regular point. 

20170217_203942.jpg

I'm. It sure about the needle size to use for 138. I would think 20 would be a good fit. But I would pick up a pack of 21 and 22 just in case.

I generally purchase every size, plus and minus 4 from 20 for my machines. It's a good feeling to always have a needle that works for the job. It's the worst when you have to track down a pack of needles because you don't have what you need. 

I just ordered some 138,207,277 bonded polyester thread and 18,20,23,25 needles from the thread exchange.

Edited by chasman52
correction

I had good luck with 277 in a Cobra 4, the polyester I like but they all are pretty darn tough.

Good to here your getting it dialed in, seems to be a great machine and quite the deal.

for sure a good score

Floyd

Edited by brmax

if it runs 277 on top slowly I'll be more than very happy, but if I get stopped at 207 I'll be satisfied.

If I keep it I'm gonna need a servo motor

I was hesitant so did not want to offer thought, so now say just a few places this may be of concern and will mention top down. The feed dog hole maybe a bit small, yet with very slow "hand wheel" it may work.  277 is like .023" + needle. So keep the post so to hear the rest of the saga on this.

Floyd

Br max, I agree 277 is reaching for the moon. I can use it to saddle stitch up some holsters , or something else. But I'm going give it a try

I want everyone on the forum to know you all have saved me from many hours of frustration. I wouldn't have gotten this far on my own.

Thank You!

7 hours ago, chasman52 said:

Br max, I agree 277 is reaching for the moon. I can use it to saddle stitch up some holsters , or something else. But I'm going give it a try

I want everyone on the forum to know you all have saved me from many hours of frustration. I wouldn't have gotten this far on my own.

Thank You!

I recommend using either a #24 or #25 leather point needle to sew with #277 thread.

5 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

I recommend using either a #24 or #25 leather point needle to sew with #277 thread.

Thanks Wiz, I got a few of those #24 with the machine, and I think I ordered a few #23 & #25's

Edited by chasman52

4 hours ago, chasman52 said:

Thanks Wiz, I got a few of those #24 with the machine, and I think I ordered a few #23 & #25's

I sometimes use a #23 needle with #207 on top and 138 in the bobbin. But, I always use a #24 if I have 207 top and bottom. 

Today after work. I bought a smaller pulley and belt, and Cleaned up the clutch like Toledo Bob had suggested. Now,  I can go slower than 120 spm.

While I was at it I noticed the oil level wasn't going down at all.

That's when I realized I had a problem.

It was plugged where I'm pointing.

I replaced this line from a valve to the port going to the ring gear under the bobbin assembly. Sorry if  I don't know what to call all the parts

Question ? How do I know when there's enough oil going from the check valve to the gears?

And I used vinyl tubing. So, will that work?

oil1.jpg

Edited by chasman52

Apologies to Cowboy Bob for Toledo bob. I was born in Toledo, Ohio actually