Blake10w

Still fairly new to tooling.

Looking for some expert advice and critiques. This is a belt pattern on a piece of scrap I had laying around. IMG_1960.thumb.JPG.4c2c60ba13a8b258944e4d1641297e00.JPG

Sorry I don't have advice, but it looks way better than any of the tooling I tried.

Best would be to get a book for Sheridan tooling or to get some of the Stohlman books. At this point I don't want to spam you with suggestions and limit it to this one advice only: "Only cut as deep as you will bevel and bevel as deep as your cut is."

Nice quote, Thor!

Blake, your tooling is great! I'd like to suggest you to try some decorative cuts exercises. These cuts should start deep and wide, and end tiny. Smooth decorative cuts are easier to do on good quality leather that has been properly cased :) Same with the mule foot. The first one should be big and deep, and the last one is small and ''on the surface'', and of equal distance from each other :)

Thanks for the advice y'all. I'll look into the Stohlman books. Still have a long way to go but I'm loving every minute of it.