Dominicff

Bobbin thread side not beautiful why ?

Hello,  why is the bobbin side sewing line so ugly compared to top stitching line. I'm making simple wallet and have to choose one of the two sides top stitch but that let the other side with an ugly threading line, almost makes me not wanna sell my stuff. The tension by the way is correct. 

Also, do I have to change tension when changing from thin to a thicker leather? If yes, do I have to change tension on both bobbin and top ?  And do I have to change tension when changing thread size ? 

Thanks , I'm using a Pfaff walking foot 1245 triple feed. Also, I wanna change the walking foot on this machine it's too big, but cannot find the part number for a smaller feet. What I have now is 40474 and 40475.

Edited by Dominicff

I have the same problem with waxed canvas. But I've shown it to Filson people and they don't seem to be concerned. I will be eager to see what kinds of responses you get to this good question.

hi. no matter what machine you use, you always have to adjust the tension when you change the thickness of the leather. i would recommend not to mess with the lower tension if possible. use the upper tension to adjust. some machines have more than one option to adjust the top tension. take a piece of the leather you wanna use and try it first out until you have the look you like. it has also a foot pressure that is very important. as thicker the leather, as lower the foot pressure should be. if the foot pressure is to much, you will get ugly marks on the leather. if you have the problem, that the loops from the sewing are showing on one side, then it is for sure the tension that is not right. if the loops are showing on the back side, get more top tension. if the loops are showing on the top, lower the top tension. you also have to make sure, that your tension is right to the thread you are using. hope this helps

i'm using a juki flatbed and i cowboy cb3200......depense on the work i do and what i have to sew.....but i always have to play with tension and pressure foot adjustments...... i always say ...... it is a little bit like this ...... before you saw projects you like to sell or show, get first in touch and have a relationship to your machine. i know.....it looks like a simple machine ..... but you still have to learn how to work with it .......

Edited by chamisa