Dwane

Holster for an Anaconda

I've been looking for awhile for a western style holster that will drop two or three inches for this revolver.  It has a six inch barrel and my shoulders not as flexible as it use to be, so a low ride holster is the ticket. 

Does anyone know of a pattern out there for a 6 in Colt Anaconda?

A Smith and Wesson 629 holster fits this gun also

Dwane, . . . what style holster are you looking for?

May God bless,

Dwight

This. Is a holster. Made for a 629 6 inch barrel 

IMG_0307.JPG

Gotta like the concho, . . . 

But I'm thinking that Dwane said he wanted it to hand down a bit lower, . . . have to wait till he hollers back to see for sure.

It is a pretty decent looking holster.  I made one for a nephew, . . . little lower drop, . . . sat down in the holster a bit more, . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

2 hours ago, wayner said:

This. Is a holster. Made for a 629 6 inch barrel 

IMG_0307.JPG

This would work but needs to be a few inches lower than the belt and I'd like to have a thumb snap.

im currently carrying it in a triple K 96-2 holster.

(I tried to upload a pic but it won't upload)

Its still a mid rise holster and has a forward slant.

i could wear it lower but it's hard to sit in a saddle like that and I'm not a gun slinger. 

Edited by Dwane

Found a picture off the net that would up load of the current holster

IMG_1100.PNG

Since you are probably not concealing this, lol, what about a cross draw holster?  All the one's I have done for S&W X frames have been cross draw and were very well received.  While it's not western style exactly, although there are western cross draws out there, it fits the bill for being easy on the shoulder.  

I first carried this gun in a cross draw but didn't like the angle. It restricted my leg unless I wore pulled over on my side in which case it was hard to reach. If it was more parallel to the belt it would work great. It would also be able to be worn in my truck.

Look at the Sam Andrews Carjacker on Andrews leather. Might fit the bill of easy reach and comfort. Not western but an idea to look at.

Screenshot_20170218-102933.jpg

Since writing the last post I've been trying different angles for a cross draw. I've carried a gun in a lot of jobs throughout my adult life always on the strong side, I think I'm going to still with a strong side holster since it just more natural for me. Just have to figure out how to lower the carry height 

Dwane, . . . here is a pattern idea for you, . . . this is for a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag, . . . 

It is very similar in construction to the one pictured by Wayner, except the skirt comes all the way down.

The holes in the skirt are where Chicago screws hold the two narrow straps that keep the holster tight to the skirt.

The way you drop the holster is really simple, . . . look at the numbers on the edge of the picture, . . . you simply lengthen the leather piece between 45 and 46.  For every two inches longer you make that part, . . . it drops the holster down 1 inch from your waist.  You could easily make that a Western drop leg holster if you wanted to do that.

PM me with your mailing address, . . . I'll put a paper copy of that in the mail to you if you want it.

May God bless,

Dwight

western holster pattern.JPG

Well I'm trying to upload a pic of a holster that I have that I can use as a pattern. It won't upload saying it's to large and I can't figure out how to change it. 

This holster was made as a cross draw for this gun it'll take a little tweaking in the pattern but think it will work

IMG_1104.JPGGot it finally lol

Edited by Dwane