Katlyn4jc

Different shades of brown - new user

I am looking at having different shades of light brown. How don't do that? What dye or stain will give me those results and do l use brush, dauber or sponge. 

Are you talking on the same piece? Or one dye to do different shades on different pieces? I just got some Show Brown fishing pro dye. Its nice and dark no orange. The dark brown is Good too. I HATED the light brown never looked good on ANYTHING. 

Use an old tshirt to apply the dye. When you put the dye on the cloth touch the cloth to another cloth. Then apply it pressing hard in circular motions. It will put less dye on the leather and in most cases appear lighter in colour than if you applied it with sponge or dauber. Good for achieving gradient / marbled dying as well. Some projects that may end up getting scratched a lot need dye all the way into the leather so not good for those jobs

PS im a beginner. Others may have better ideas. Lots of different colours of dye out there. Spirit dyes tend to be lighter than oil dyes

Edited by Wulfing