I was off work a couple of weeks ago with man flu so I thought I’d have a go at doing some belts and dying them myself. They seem to have turned out ok but I still need to burnish the edges a bit better to be honest I didn’t have the energy to do them at the time due to the flu J

I also thought I'd have a go at taking some better photos as up to now I'v just been using my phone. I bounced my flash upwards and behind me for these and the lighting seems ok, if I get time I'll experiment with backgrounds a bit more exciting than the white I've used here.

kuXFcZ0.jpg

uOgbmmy.jpg

BQaqvLD.jpg

Good looking belts.

I also like the stitching, it provide a nice accent to the work!

I particularly admire the way that your stitching frames your maker's mark on the third belt. It looks very classy indeed.

11 hours ago, Wulfing said:

Very neat lines. Looks good. How do you burnish the oblong hole that the buckle pin goes through? It looks very smooth?

Thanks, I burnished the slot with the pointed end of my hand burnisher and with a burnishing gum I bought from Goods Japan. The gum is really good best thing I've tried so far for burnishing. Seiwa Tokonole Burnishing Gum

2 hours ago, xpc316e said:

I particularly admire the way that your stitching frames your maker's mark on the third belt. It looks very classy indeed.

Thanks I quite like that one as well I'm going to repeat that in the next belt I do I like the look of the triangle stitching but I couldn't fit my stamp in it I'll have a try at adapting that to see if I can get it to work.

Edited by stormcrow