panchoskywalker

How is this called? Double cap snaps?

Hello,

I just found out how to use the tool I got from ebay to instal a snap on leather and I was curious to understand if there's something like double cap snaps.

Explanation: in the attached picture they used a snap to close and open the handbag, is there a way the snap looks like that on both side? Usually there's a front and back side but it this case they are both visible.

Not sure I made myself clear.

2e0nu6u.jpg

Yes you can use a smooth button both sides, one with the stud and other with the socket.

In some applications whats called a gypsy snap is implemented also!, whereby using original installed stud then the new gypsy stud this enables an additional layer, then follow up closing as original design.

Regardless the stud can be mounted with the flat base type as you mention or others, one being the button in several post lengths for thickness.

If by chance your materials are many there are different base types for studs, an example is flat or low base vs the standard, This will give you the added reach for some projects, so a handfull is a good bet!

good day

Floyd

http://www.sailrite.com/Fastener-Selection-What-Is-a-Gypsy-Stud

Thanks. I just realized I could use the smooth button on both side with the snaps I have, I though I'd need some kind of special snaps.

Ooh, thanks for the gypsy snaps. Hadn't seen those before!