Matt S

J Dixon and others

Having a clear out, selling some duplicate and unneeded tools. All prices are plus postage, which I am happy to quote and combine. I will give a 5percent discount on the tool prices to Contributing members.

Crew punch, size 39 (1 inch), unmarked but very likely Dixon's. Edge good and polished. £25.

(Girth) strap pricker, for girth points on English style saddles. Essentially a 4SPI pricking iron but makes oval pricks rather than slanted, longer ones. Unmarked but a quality older item, looks like an old Dixon but can't say for certain. £20.

Brass or bronze straining fork, another saddler's tool for which I have no use. Lovely thing and a lot of gravity in it. There are a few minor cosmetic casting issues but still l looks great. £40.

Cobbler's glazing iron. Unmarked and old but unmarked. £10.

Two edge irons of slightly different designs. The one with the darker handle looks older and has a slightly wider slot in the head with narrower flanges and can handle a thickness of up to 5mm. The lighter handled one is probably newer and could handle leather up to about 3mm. In use these are heated with a candle or small stove, dipped in wax and then rubbed onto edges in order to seal and burnish them. I am 99 percent sure that these are Dixon tools but cannot say for certain. £25 each.

Two single creases, can be used cold or heated. One (with "Made in England" sticker still in it) is unmarked but looks identical to those from Dixon's. The other is marked 2 with a slightly thicker edge. £15 each.

Payment can be made by PayPal, or bank transfer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Matt,

i will take the two edge irons (one with wider slot and the narrower slot). I am located in Hong Kong. Please send me the PayPal invoice to my email address at kennethhsw@gmail.com

Thanks a lot

Kenneth

Yes, the pricker is still available, as are the other tools except for the edge irons.