stu925

Not all holsters are for guns

A while back I built a crossdraw holster for a customer and he like it so much he asked me to build him a pouch for his insulin pump.  After much discussion about the project, he determined he wanted it to match the holster that I made for him.  So basically he wanted an open top pancake style pouch to carry an insulin pump in.  I got started on it right away and this is the end product:

K3Pu0gU.jpg

licBfpE.jpg

P71Hugo.jpg

BqqLo8P.jpg

NL44oBK.jpg

Retention is great, this thing is tight.  In fact it was so tight that I had to use a little bee's wax on the inside to reduce friction on the pump so it could slide in and out.  Otherwise trying to get the pump in or out was brutal, once I hit the inside with a little bee's wax it was perfect.  Customer is thrilled with the piece and I'm pleased as well.  Edges and stitching are some of my best work yet I think.

Stu

I was in a mall once where the security guard was using mag pouch to keep candy bars in. I like this idea better 

1 hour ago, kiwican said:

I was in a mall once where the security guard was using mag pouch to keep candy bars in. I like this idea better 

Haha!!! Classic mall cop.

Insulin holster look great.

Nice job!

Sooo... BlueGuns had a mold for that?

:rofl:

If I strapped all my diabetic supplies on my waist I'd need suspenders and a belt! A cigar case would work for my insulin pens though.........hmmmmm

I can't take credit for the idea, that was all his.  I just designed and built it for him, I wouldn't have thought of it myself that's for sure.

Stu

Excellent job,.

I make holsters for epipens and the ones for myself also carry some on board emergency meds. I don't wear the real holster looking version often here in Canada as I have been road sided by a cop who assumed I was a police officer and pointed to by "holster"!

Edited by plinkercases
removed photos so as not be be hijackign the post. Sorry,

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, kiwican said:

That would be hilarious to see!!   Was he riding a Segway too??

Ha. No he wasn't but that would have been the final straw for me. He was a 110 pounds on a good day. Had on what we call the bat belt. Every square inch loaded down with stuff he would never use or need. The mag pouchs got my attention because he wasn't carrying a side arm

If he carried enough candy bars he will soon need one of your insulin pouches! where in Canada are you?

Well g'day eh! nice to meet not just another Canuck but an Ontarian.

And again nice job on you holster. Love to see some more of your work.

On 2/22/2017 at 7:18 PM, kiwican said:

:excuseme: You've got to be kidding?  Was his name Paul?  LMBO

The insulin holster looks really nice though.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad everyone likes it.  I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out and he seemed really pleased as well.

Stu

Nice job, opens up a whole new world of possibilities to leather workers. There are many various medical devices this could have applications for.