I bought some Kip leather last week from Le Prevo in Newcastle so thought I’d do a couple of wallets with it. Both of these have Kip outers with goat inners. First time using Kip and I quite like it I’ve mainly used goat till now and I wanted something a little thicker for the outers of my wallets.

fKAzFO9.jpg

d3U3ktk.jpg

9U9DEIr.jpg

wHneVGt.jpg

joXSQkb.jpg

Nice work Dave. Can I ask how thick the kip is? Nice to see a fellow north Easter on here. :)

1 hour ago, Petewon said:

Nice work Dave. Can I ask how thick the kip is? Nice to see a fellow north Easter on here. :)

Thanks, The Kip is about 1.2-1.5mm the goat I used for the pockets is .9mm.

I called into Le Prevo again yesterday for mainly for a few buckles, D rings and a couple of small bottles of dye ended up spending £135 :) bought some more of the Kip and goat.

Just realised I called you dave, sorry :huh:

Cheers, I'll have a look in next week see what they have. I used to buy a lot from there but not been in a while.

37 minutes ago, Petewon said:

Just realised I called you dave, sorry :huh:

Cheers, I'll have a look in next week see what they have. I used to buy a lot from there but not been in a while.

No problem I've been called a lot worse :)

If you dye your own leather its worth having a look in the box on the counter they have a few small bottles of fiebings leather dye that have signs of leakage for £2.50 I think. I've bought a few now and they have been full bottles so worth a look

:) cheers. I'll have a pop down this week. I've had a few dyes from the cheap box in the past and also picked up some nice thinner hides in the £1 per foot section. There's certainly some bargains to be had. ;)