Uwe

Flat-top Harness Throat Plate for Adler 205 and Juki 441 class machines

I have some flat-top harness maker throat plates that work with the feed dog in place and fit both Adler 205 and Juki TSC-441 class machines. I call them UTP205HM for the Adlers and UTP441HM for the 441 class of machines. They're the exact same plate. The naming difference stems from the fact that I just recently discovered that they also work on the 441 machines. 

The price is $59 and includes shipping within the U.S.

For international buyers, please look in my Ebay store (http://stores.ebay.com/uwe) in the "Throat Plates and Feed Dogs" section. Ebay's Global Shipping Program (GSP) handles all the shipping and customs details and is actually cheaper than I can ship things directly.

On the Adler 205-370 (and clones) you can use your original throat plate mounting screws.

For use on 441 class machines, I'll include two small washers for under the screws (the 441 throat plate screws have a smaller head and a different thread pitch). I hope to find a source soon for screws that will work on 441 class machines without a washer.

I have a limited number of these plates on hand and won't be able to order more once they're gone. I acquired them as part of a larger inventory purchase and I don't actually know who made these plates.

Here's the throat plate mounted on an Adler 205-370 (UTP205HM):

_MG_0366 copy.jpg

This picture shows the throat plate mounted on a Cowboy 4500 (UTP441HM):

_MG_2727 copy.jpg

I shall look forward to getting mine- hopefully this week. I thought they  were made by Kwok Hing.

Will these fit on a Cobra?

Yes, I just put one on my CB 4500, same machine as the Cobra class 4. 

I probably should have included the rather long list of Juki TSC-441 clones that this plate will work on, just to get caught on a few keyword searches.

Juki TSC-441 clones include HighTex/Cowboy CB3200/3500/4500/5500, Cobra Class 4, TechSew 5100/5100SE, Keestar 441, Thor GA-441, Dematron GA-441 , Typical TW3-441/TW3-441S, SewPro 441-PRO, Reliable MSK-441, Nick-O Sew NKS-441, TopEagle TCB-441, FoxSew FX-441, EconoSew 441S, SEWLINE SL-441, and perhaps a dozen or more lesser known brands. 

I finally found some screws (Juki part number SS-6121050-SP) to install this throat plate on 441 class machines without requiring washers:

IMG_7574.JPG

Keestar 441, Thor GA-441, Dematron GA-441 , Typical TW3-441/TW3-441S, SewPro 441-PRO, Reliable MSK-441, Nick-O Sew NKS-441, TopEagle TCB-441, FoxSew FX-441, EconoSew 441S, SEWLINE SL-441, and perhaps a dozen or more lesser known brands

Off topic, but......

I know these machines aren't offered by our valued vendors here, but are these the same machines? I know they won't come all tuned up and have the dealer backing that we expect from , Ryan, Bob, or Steve.

But if I found one in an old shed or on Craigslist super cheap, would they be worth having?

just a thinking out loud....

The Chinese appear to have a "range" of qualities.The dealer does a valuable job of "correcting" their supplier when bad quality shows up.I know there will be some machines out there which cannot be rectified easily by just putting in new parts, because the fault is in the machining of the casting.

Bear in mind that I found a manufacturing fault on my new toy, Adler 205/373- some machining was incorrect, not allowing the lifter plate to be free in its housing. This was not rectified from new, because the Portuguese installer just upped the air pressure on the air operation.The lifter plate broke-so I put in a new one, and then spent a long time trying to find where the graunching noise was comning from.A piece of plastic 0.25mm thick as a spacer solved the problem.

2 hours ago, Diyer said:

The Chinese appear to have a "range" of qualities.The dealer does a valuable job of "correcting" their supplier when bad quality shows up.I know there will be some machines out there which cannot be rectified easily by just putting in new parts, because the fault is in the machining of the casting.

Bear in mind that I found a manufacturing fault on my new toy, Adler 205/373- some machining was incorrect, not allowing the lifter plate to be free in its housing. This was not rectified from new, because the Portuguese installer just upped the air pressure on the air operation.The lifter plate broke-so I put in a new one, and then spent a long time trying to find where the graunching noise was comning from.A piece of plastic 0.25mm thick as a spacer solved the problem.

Thanks, I have just been curious about them.

Will these work on ferdnand bull stitcher?

10 minutes ago, leathersmyth said:

Will these work on ferdnand bull stitcher?

I'm not sure. Some of the Ferdinand Bull machines are modified original Juki TSC-441 machines which may accept this plate, but other Ferdinand machines are not compatible.

Do you have to raise the feeddog before installing the platen? 

Thank, 

bert

4 hours ago, bemavu said:

Do you have to raise the feeddog before installing the platen? 

Probably not. The flat-top plate and the standard curved throat plate have the same thickness in the middle.