freak

Another notebook

LOL !!!! and ya'll came me freak. LOL !!

Thank you all very much, i mean it, thank you. (love those commercials) . I have a guy down the road (out there by you Mike) that's making me a pen out of deer antler . I should be picking it up this weekend. Then this one and "Blondie" will be delivered.

....um...err....no, no thats not it.....

You're too hard on yourself ^_^ It looks amazing!

Freak, Well if Kevin, the wallet King, is speechless (for now) I'll jump in and tell you that it's "boootyfull". Gota question though regarding the pen/pencil loop! Why do you choose to place it on the outside edge rather than on the inside? I know you've got some logic to it!

I really like the subtle use of the oak leaf l & r in the background. It adds a special touch that makes me feel like I've found an artist's secret message. You've put a lot of artistic thought into the design or it just pours out of you naturally. The borders. basket weaves and wood grain kick (that's a good thing). Where did you get those great initials? I know they can't be a 3D stamp.

Best regards,

Indy :cheers:

Freak__s_notebook_inside1.pdf

Freak__s_notebook_inside1.pdf

Freak, that's really awesome work. I especially like the initials with the "swirly swoopy" things on them. You did a great job on this piece. How do you do the woodgrain? Freehand with a swivel knife I'm guessing. Great looking piece.

Thank you all very much !!

indypbear, I've been toying with the idea of moving the pen holder. No real reason for where it is now. At first i was planing on puting a holder on each side. One on top of the other so when the pen is in, it acts as a lock. I've seen it done of others. But,, i've been thinking of moving it to the middle or maybe across the top , above the pad of paper. About the initials , if you look back a few post i posted a link to the font i used.

Grumpy, on the woodgrain i just cut lines with the swivel knife , then i go back over them with a molding spoon. I'm still playing with the effect. We need to get Kevin the King to show us how it's really done. KK does some of the nicest and realistic wood grain in leather i've seen. He's threatin to do a tutorial on woodgrain before. I'm ready for it , aren't you ???

Just to pass the time i've added a flask for this one and blondie. I'll be delivering them on Monday.

mmflask03.jpg

post-158-1201884634_thumb.jpg

Now i've got it...........................

wait for it........................

wait for it......................................

freak_tee.jpg

Heres my official freak fan club t-shirt.

post-3955-1202184636_thumb.jpg

I think that a woodgrain tutorial would be a great opportunity to learn at the feet of the King. Hey Kev, how can I join the fan club?

Yeah, that's definitely an eye-catching piece there. . . You did a sweet job on it! I really like the clean look with the contrasting colors -- natural background and lace, pleasant tan theme, and a nice highlighting antique. Well-done.

Now what exactly was your procedure for antiquing it?

L'Bum

really nice! love it

Now i've got it...........................

wait for it........................

wait for it......................................

freak_tee.jpg

Heres my official freak fan club t-shirt.

mmmm - very flattering...lol..

steveb

How come I've missed this!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

This is freaking awsome!! I just love it, all of it but even though that frontmotif is so beautiful I 've gotta say that the lettering on the back is to die for.

I'm absolutely stunned, this thread go down my favourites for inspirational use for sure!

Tom