George1520

Adler 67 and Pfaff 545

I just purchased an Adler 67. It needs a good deep cleaning but it looks like it is in good shape. Not to mention the price was right. 

I was just curious if it is the same machine as the Paff 545 or other brands. Just in case I need a new part and I can't find it for the Adler 

thanks 

The Adler 67 has no Chinese clone if you mean that. There are after market parts but they are few - mainly presser feet and hooks. There maybe some minor parts like screws interchangeable but don´t count on that. I´m not sure but it could well be that needle bar is interchangeable with Pfaff but have not measured it. Also the 545 is a large hook machine whereas the 67 is a small hook machine.

I have a 67 also. As 'constabulary' said, parts can be an issue. I have had good luck with the Adler folks in Atlanta, BUT..what you get may be parts that look identical, but are 50% larger than the item on your machine. This has happened to me twice.

They say that parts for the 167 are interchangeable, if that helps. Also, Sloan machinery in Maine (of all places), does carry a good selection of 67 parts. Their number is 1-603-893-8891, or sloanmach@gmail.com.

If either of you who owns an Adler 67 wants drawings on how to machine a new presser bar that accepts common Singer 211 style feet, let me know. It's fairly simple to have made but opens up the possibilities for way more feet options and they are much less expensive than the standard feet for our machines :)

If either of you who owns an Adler 67 wants drawings on how to machine a new presser bar that accepts common Singer 211 style feet, let me know. It's fairly simple to have made but opens up the possibilities for way more feet options and they are much less expensive than the standard feet for our machines :)

I´m sure there is a demand for these parts since the Adler feet are more expensive than Singer 111 type feet.

Would be nice if you would share this information with the LW members :)

The Adler 67 can use all the same parts as the newer 167, part from the hook. However, lots of aftermarket parts for this machine.. Uses the same presser foot as the following: Adler and Duerkopp Adler machines 69, 68,167,168,169, 267, 268 and 269. Pfaff uses a different presser foot. Kwokhing.com have many different presser foot that fits your machine along with other parts. No worries. 

On 5/7/2017 at 5:47 PM, Trox said:

The Adler 67 can use all the same parts as the newer 167, part from the hook. However, lots of aftermarket parts for this machine.. Uses the same presser foot as the following: Adler and Duerkopp Adler machines 69, 68,167,168,169, 267, 268 and 269. Pfaff uses a different presser foot. Kwokhing.com have many different presser foot that fits your machine along with other parts. No worries. 

Great, lots of feet list a number of interchangeable parts, but the 67 rarely falls in the list.

Well, can't see there are any difficulties getting part or feets for this machine. I you still have trouble let me know and I shoot you a couple of links.

2 hours ago, Trox said:

Well, can't see there are any difficulties getting part or feets for this machine. I you still have trouble let me know and I shoot you a couple of links.

please do...I got a link from uwe, but it's for direct shipping from kunpeng...I found a small walking foot set from them on amazon, but no luck finding a distributor for the binding feet/binder