So where are the best prices on these suckers??  And maybe other mold guns if they are of good quality.  I've only ordered a couple and payed the full $50 at bluegunstore.   Should I look elsewhere to save a few bucks??

If it matters any, I'll be ordering a full size 1911 here in the next day or so.  

Thanks everyone!!!

I order mine from knife kits, they 40 a piece plus shipping so if you only buy one it is still 50 but if you buy more it is cheaper. They have a wide variety, but they also tend to not hold much inventory so sometimes they are out of stock of the one I need.

42 minutes ago, hwhleather said:

I order mine from knife kits, they 40 a piece plus shipping so if you only buy one it is still 50 but if you buy more it is cheaper. They have a wide variety, but they also tend to not hold much inventory so sometimes they are out of stock of the one I need.

And they don't list the kimber 5" 1911 in cocked and locked.....      :(

I gave up trying to find a reliable source other than Rings. I can either order from XYZ, let them place the order from the same place, takes them 2-3 weeks or more and I saved $5 or $6. I'll gladly pay that much for fast, freindly, knowledgeable service, which I've ALWAYS received from John and the others.

That said, If there is something I need, my first stop is eBay. I've picked up a few reasonable deals there.

Yeah, I like Rings.  Pretty quick most of the time.  And I like the aluminum molds from duncans - though they're about the same money ($50+ shipping).

But I wouldn't put too much stock in ebay.  I just checked -- guns which are $50 (give or take) about everywhere else are listed on ebay for $70 and up.  If you're going to check ebay (don't hurt nuthin' to check) I recommend putting "rings" in the search (there are a LOT of "blue guns" which are nowhere near correct size) and then limit the price to max $50.  Above $50 you can get them brand new in a number of places, so unless it's one that just simply isn't available ... not smart to pay more for the same thing.  And putting $50 in teh max price will save you wading through listings meant for a different kind of 'dummy' :)

The P320 molds I just paid about $50 for -- are $69.99 on ebay.   Not good.

On the other hand, if you need a mold for a PX4 storm, those are currently available for $20 +shipping.. though, it dont' say if that's the .40 or the .45 (do they make the full size in a 9m?)

Edited by JLSleather

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

Yeah, I like Rings.  Pretty quick most of the time.  And I like the aluminum molds from duncans - though they're about the same money ($50+ shipping).

But I wouldn't put too much stock in ebay.  I just checked -- guns which are $50 (give or take) about everywhere else are listed on ebay for $70 and up.  If you're going to check ebay (don't hurt nuthin' to check) I recommend putting "rings" in the search (there are a LOT of "blue guns" which are nowhere near correct size) and then limit the price to max $50.  Above $50 you can get them brand new in a number of places, so unless it's one that just simply isn't available ... not smart to pay more for the same thing.  And putting $50 in teh max price will save you wading through listings meant for a different kind of 'dummy' :)

The P320 molds I just paid about $50 for -- are $69.99 on ebay.   Not good.

On the other hand, if you need a mold for a PX4 storm, those are currently available for $20 +shipping.. though, it dont' say if that's the .40 or the .45 (do they make the full size in a 9m?)

I got one. When I get home I will check it and post a pic.

In the search on ebay I just did only the P320 was above $60. Most were $54-$57 shipped. But isn't shipping free at Blue Gun Store?

I am trying to find the P938 cocked and locked but can't find it anywhere. It is not even listed at the Blue Gun Store. But it is on the 2017 Catalog PDF. I guess I am just going to have to call Rings.

I haven't seen the 2017 pdf (still got the old version). 

But as for "free shipping", maybe see that other thread about this.  If you're buying ONE gun, not a big difference one place to the next.  Buying more than one- that "freee" shipping begins to stick it to a guy ;)

I have bought a lot of mold guns from http://redfeathergear.com/  

they are more for kydex holsters but they are excelent mold guns and Bill is a great guy to work with 

7 hours ago, Mattsbagger said:

I got one. When I get home I will check it and post a pic.

This is the $20 PX4 Storm off eBay. It looks new to me even though listing says used.

received_10203145705838817.jpeg

received_10203145705598811.jpeg

tough to beat that for $20... For that price ... worth getting it "just in case"

I just ordered a Colt 5 1/2" SAA and a Taurus Judge 3" from alternateforce.net.  They were $42 and some change apiece with $10 total shipping.  Seemed like decent folks when I talked to them on the phone with some questions.  They have a good selection on their site.

I  ordered ten Ring's today from Holstersmith.com in Ga. 41.95 each plus 12 for shipping for all.

Edited by 1CJK

Got a DIY mold in the mail today from Rob.  I've got about 3 of them now.  I like them.  Not quite as polished a product as Rings.  And not the aluminum filled stuff that holster molds uses.  I like to tinker with them and cut part of the sight rail off, route out the ejection port a bit, and routed off some of the things for channels that I didn't need.  The DIY mold was much easier to work than the Holster Mold's.  And a bit cheaper than the Ring's guns.  

10 hours ago, 1CJK said:

ten .. from Holstersmith.com ... 41.95 each plus 12 for shipping for all

That's not bad -- 10 for $43 each.

I like all these options popping up now.  Good stuff for me to bookmark!!   I'm up to 3 blueguns in inventory now, woot!!  I'll never be a production holster feller, but it's nice to have the uber common ones.  I find I'm making holsters for firearms I don't even have, just to get my reps in.  

Thanks for all the input folks!!

The Bluegun of the PX4 looks pretty rough around the edges of the expect port, all the Ring's I've bought seem to have sharpr detail. That looks kind of like a cross between a Ring's and a Duncan's.

Just my two pennies worth.

Ring's

Also, ..

Alternate Force $43 guns (quick!)

bluegunstore name is easy to remember, but the "free" shipping is added to every gun, so buying 3 means paying the "free" shipping 3 times

Bunkhouse Tools They have a few models I haven't found anywhere else.  Different look, but they work great.  Good service, too.

Duncan's Customs  Aluminum molds - I like these.  $50 guns and $15 mags

Index Fasteners $45 ($60 for the "holster ready" mulit-molds), plus they have holster accessories (loops, screws, washers, etc) less $ than many places

http://www.holstersmith.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=555_563  These last two appear in search, so I listed even though I've never ordered there.

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_585_586  These last two appear in search, so I listed even though I've never ordered there.

Edited by JLSleather

Oh, and dont forget to check ebay on occasion.  There's a lot of crap on there, but you can duck most of it by putting 'rings blue gun' in the search, and setting the search options on the left to MAX $50.  This will spare you seeing all the listings priced HIGHER than you can get them brand new.

Edited by JLSleather

That index place may be $45 but they are the most expensive of the group when you add in shipping. At least for me anyways. Business type addresses may be cheaper as well as closer locations. For 1 gun Bluegunstore is the cheapest. After that Knifekits and holstersmith, same place, are the cheapest of the bunch. This is when using their cheapest shipping option and for my location though. This held true for quantities of 2, 6, and 11. 

If I remember right, I didn't order from knifekits due to some of the info they requested.  If I'm buying something, you would need my name, shipping address, and credit card number.  You're selling something, you would need to know what I want, where to ship it, and how I'm going to pay for it.

Anything else... why?!#!@!

I had a good experience with ordering from holstersmith. I had a few questions before ordering and they were really helpful. I placed my order and then about two hours later I remembered I had for got to order a G42 and G43. Called them back and they added them to my order and didn't charge me shipping on those two. They all went out that day and I got them the next. 

Sounds like I should take another look at them :dunno:  I see I deleted the email I got from them, so it'll be 'from scratch' ;)