I have a repeat customer looking for a holster for his S&W SD40VE.  The Blue Gun Store doesn't list this model, any thoughts on another gun that would work?  Looks like most people are saying the M&P holsters will fit the SD40VE but I'd like to know how it's going to fit before I try that.  Worse case scenario is I have to get the gun from him but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Stu

the best thing to do right now is to go to the makers website and compare models, if there is a close similarity then you know you can use one model in place of the other.  but are you sure you checked all the different sellers of mold guns to see is someone else makes a model for what your looking for?

Did we not like this one?

http://multimoldguns.com/pro.htm

OOOPS.. that's teh 9m

Edited by JLSleather

Externally, the SD40 and SD9 are identical. The older Sigma in both 9mm and 40 are going to fit the same holster molds as the newer SD series. The only external differences are the machining of the slide sides and cocking serrations and a difference of the profile of the rail on the frame. The Sigma used a proprietary rail, while the SD went to the standard 1913 Picatinny rail profile.

That might help broaden your search. 

looking again at the Sigma vs SD, the trigger guard on the SD looks to be a little larger and different shape from the Sigma.

Edited by byggyns

Thank you for the info.  I thought they might be the same dimensions but didn't want to order it without knowing for sure..

Stu

I got one of these for the wife. Aside from the lack of a safety, it is a mighty fine pistol, and can be found pretty cheap. I know it isn't the answer you are looking for, but it might be a pistol you would want to own.

Or, if you are the cheap type... SW40VE

On 3/7/2017 at 3:57 PM, stu925 said:

I have a repeat customer looking for a holster for his S&W SD40VE.  The Blue Gun Store doesn't list this model, any thoughts on another gun that would work?  Looks like most people are saying the M&P holsters will fit the SD40VE but I'd like to know how it's going to fit before I try that.  Worse case scenario is I have to get the gun from him but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Stu

It's almost an exact copy of the Glock.