atelieramyroke

Stahl heatable edge paint supplying

Hi leathercrafters,

We are Atelier Amy Roke based in China and we supply Stahl heatable edge paint currently. (Which is using by a top luxury brand from France) 

We got the exclusive distribution last year and we would like to provide any help for people who are interested in it. 

Stahl heatable edge paint is different from traditional edge paint which has better attachment to leather edge and almost do not crack in the life time.

Please kindly contact us through email atelieramyroke@hotmail.com

The performance of this heatable edge paint is attached. It is done by Japanese leathercrafter Leather_Go.

Regards, AAR

14732314_1074086376038637_7765957799453364226_n.jpg

30 bucks for 200gr bottle is not a good deal while having cheaper alternatives from recognized brands

Price of Stahl edge paint in France is way less than $30.00 ( if that is what the Op is asking ) ..
OP is maybe** a distributor for Asia Pacific region, not exclusive worldwide distributor*..Maybe that misunderstanding is down to auto-translation ?
Stahl labs and sales distribution by country / region can be found on this page of Stahl corporate website.
https://www.stahl.com/global-contacts

* any company that has a website , says that "We got the exclusive distribution", but who uses a hotmail or a gmail address does not inspire confidence in me personally.
**OP is also not listed anywhere on the Stahl corporate website as being a sales or distribution outlet in any country or region.

We have a good price here in france.....

Capture-d’écran-2019-08-02-à-19.12.26.jpg

That is exactly what I was referring to in my post above you Paloma :)
We pay around $8.00 for 200ml even buying it it small 200ml bottles..200ml is just a little over 7 oz.

I think that amy roke is just doing what a lot of sellers do ( not only Chines ).. re bottling at a huge mark up for selling to the naive.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:11 PM, mikesc said:

That is exactly what I was referring to in my post above you Paloma :)
We pay around $8.00 for 200ml even buying it it small 200ml bottles..200ml is just a little over 7 oz.

I think that amy roke is just doing what a lot of sellers do ( not only Chines ).. re bottling at a huge mark up for selling to the naive.

true

and people should be alarmed that the bottler(reseller) don't follow some necessary preparations while re-bottling

"and people should be alarmed that the bottler(reseller) don't follow some necessary preparations while re-bottling "
nrk ..Your use of "don't" ( which I quoted above ) presupposes that you know that they don't ? .."may not" unless you know for a fact that they do not..is more accurate..

"some necessary preparations while re-bottling" ..such as ?
It is acrylic edge paint, ( simple chemistry ) not rocket surgery.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:57 AM, mikesc said:

Your use of "don't" ( which I quoted above ) presupposes that you know that they don't ? .."may not" unless you know for a fact that they do not..is more accurate..

in fact, i know that most of them don't. have faced this in the past. which is unnecessary risk of budget.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:57 AM, mikesc said:

It is acrylic edge paint, ( simple chemistry ) not rocket surgery.

shaking well. i barely can imagine a person who can shake well a big measured canister (or similar) in which usually manufacturers send their liquids.
+ storing in a right temperature environment.
+ distance of the retailer location

there are too many factors zeroing the process and trust to such things.

better get from manufacturer or verified retailer.

ps.
 since 2017 they owe only 3 messages - not the way of doing business i would trust

So..you are imagining..you don't know ..

know  means have proof or have witnessed with your own eyes the actual  person doing the actual thing..

So.how was your trip to China ,..or do you live there and have visited the person that you are talking about while they were working ?

I don't know them either, and I have no connection with them..but I would not claim that I know what they are doing, if I actually have not witnessed the specific person doing the specific thing under discussion.

btw..businesses use machines to shake liquids..they don't do it by hand..visit your local paint store and you'll see the machines..I even have one..and another that can stir 60x 5 litre tins at one time..an,d a smaller one that does the same thing with 2.5 litre tins..but 80x 2.5.

The only things that get shaken by hand by businesses, are "rattle cans" and there are even machines to shake them..I don't have one of those..but I know some people who do..I've seen them shake cans with my own eyes..and 30 litre drums of liquid too.

Then there are acrylic gel paints ( thixotropic ) ..do not shake..or do not shake until just before use..

Temperature for storing acrylic paint ?..0°C to 50°C ..no problems..

Distance of retailer location? presumably you mean how far away they are from you ? ..

That is what shipping / posting is for..within 48 /72 hours I can send up to 30 kgs to anywhere in the world ( from me to anywhere, except the poles ) ..How do you think that the 200 litre drums of chemicals get to the acrylic paint manufacturer..or in some cases the base materials are delivered in 30.000.oo litre tanker truck loads..That are 1000s of kilometres way from where the manufacturer is..I have a friend who makes paint, ( industrial scale )  I buy from him..he is 1200 kms from me ..takes 24 hours from him to me..ordered before 16.00 hrs from him ..arrives to me, delivered to my door by courier by 16.00 hours the following day

There is a whole world of things that you do not actually know about.

Edited by mikesc
typo

If a shipment enters a region that is below freezing, it can definitely have a negative effect on the paint.  I had thousands of dollars of this very paint shipped to me, and it was frozen when it arrived.  Even after warming up, it was destroyed.  It turned into a jello - like substance and could not be remixed/shaken back.

The other issue is shelf life.  You never know how long the re-seller has had the product in inventory.  If the product has a shelf life of 1 year, and it took 6 months to sell that particular bottle - the customer now has a product with a shelf life of 6 months, and they won't even realize it.