WolfteverGunleather

Steel hammer loops

Does anyone know where I can buy just the steel portion of a steel hammer loop for a carpenter's tool belt and pouches? I've started getting some requests for tool belts and pouches, and the only sources I've found (retail or wholesale) for the steel hammer loops include the leather backing as well as the steel. I'd like to buy just the steel portion and rivet it to my own belt loop or pouch.

Edited by poppyphil

I have exhausted my searching ability and found nothing. You might have to do a leather loop instead of the metal hanger.

Edited by Thornton

You can buy a small metal bending tool from Harbor freight, . . . about $50, . . . buy your own 1/4 inch steel rod, . . . make em yourself.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks Thornton and Dwight for your replies. I've looked all over the Internet with no success. Interesting idea about the bender. Not sure about flattening and drilling, but still worth looking into. Thanks.

Just my 2 cents, but before I would source out a bender, the metal and the time to make the loop. I would go buy one already made for under 5 bucks, and remove it from the leather and use it on your leather.

Pardon the scruffy drawing, . . . but this is very similar to the two I used for 20 years, . . . still got em, . . . they still carry a 16 oz Estwing, . . . and a 28 oz Estwing, . . . with no complaints.

30 seconds with a ball peen hammer on an anvil making the flats for the ends, . . . 1 minute rounding out the ends, . . . 2 minutes drilling the holes for two copper rivets, . . . 4 easy 90 degree bends, . . .

This is how I would do it, . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

hammer carrier.jpg

Edited by Dwight

Hey Bodean. Thanks for the input. I've actually bought loops for the last two bags and took the leather off like you suggested. But at $4.79 each I'd rather not keep doing that.

Well nothing gets made  in America anymore ecspecially little things like this so you gotta look overseas. Alibaba has a bunch of listings for these things, there are several other countries making them as well. 

Remember you want stainless steel to help prevent discoloring the leather. 

For example 

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Tool-bags-hardware-accessories-hammer-holder_60529490653.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/tool-holder-pouch-bag-hammer-holder_60593075076.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/quick-action-hammer-holder-for-pouch_60490777754.html

Here ya go:  ebay......... (little pricey, . . . but might be justifiable in that it really looks like a good one).

May God bless,

Dwight

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Heavy-Duty-Steel-Hammer-Holder-Patent-US-D581-6575-/180733691752

Here is another tool that you can use to bend up a hammer loop.  I have used one for years and what you are needing would not be difficult do make.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=32012&cat=1,43456,43407

Consider making a small loop with this fixture at the end of the wire to give a place for a rivet.  Should be very easy to form.

hope this may be of some help

rick

Just my experience but most guys in the trades like the leather loops they get sick if the click clack from the hammer on the loop.

I wondered about the same thing a while back. After a while, I made a leather hammer loop for my tool belt and never looked back. Holds even my heaviest hammers, works like a dream, and it's pretty too boot.

Hey folks, this is a pretty old thread but it really seemed to help people out when I followed up on another thread with my tape measure holder.

I've been selling some hammer holders for a while and had to have a loop custom made. I couldn't find anything available out there that I thought was very good.

I finally got a bit ahead on production so I decided to post them for sale in case anyone else is interested in DIY'ing a hammer belt holder/holster. They're a bit different than the traditional ones... I tried to make them super narrow so they fit easier on a holster. I use them on Kydex but I think they'd work just fine on leather. Sized for Weaver's #104 rivets.

Lemme know what you end up making!

Holsery_assort-006.jpg

Hi,

Do let me know if the following fit your requirements ( of course consider with the leather backing as you wanted ), the first picture contains "swivel" clip design and the second Pic is of the type a strap passes thru.

image.png.a514e5f2e2e1799730909d5a8447a76b.png

image.png.2611d0becd9629419691ec0e401e9264.png