Johanna

Who is this "Johanna" person?

Thank you Johanna - this forum captivates me and brings me a lot of joy to see the wonderful things that people come up with.

I am grateful to have a place where I can get information to improve our work and our business and where I can share the things that I know to help others.

Thanks for building and maintaining that place.

Johanna...

Your story is moving. Your dedication to this community is inspiring. I have been a member for awhile now and have seen firsthand the worth of this forum. I want to thank you and all the members for creating something of inestimable value.

Consequently, I have chosen to go blue today by donating to the operation of this forum. I encourage all members to dig down deep and send something in to help this great lady continue offering and improving this oustanding resource to the community of leatherworkers.

It is only proper that I should give back something for all that I have received from this forum.

Thanks again.

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Bree- you look terrific in blue!

Thanks for contributing to LW. We couldn't do this without help from people like you. I don't have to explain hosting costs to you- you already know. You also let it slip that you are a web tech...hmmm...if you suffer from a moment of boredom, watch out! I have a list of "things to do" that you could probably do better than me. :)

Thank you for the kind words and for chipping into the kitty.

Johanna

If I ever write my autobiography, I'm gonna have to call it fiction, because no one would believe this crazy ride!

Johanna

I'm new to this site, and think its a wonderful place to learn new tricks to an old craft.

thank you and your crew for making it all possible.

As for the youngsters get them involved, we have 4 kids also 14 13 10 and an 18mnt old, the 18mnt old sets in my lap while I try to crave lol but i wouldnt change it or stop it for the world. the next time your slipping thru central pa tell everyone hello, I miss the hills also

thank you again, god bless everyone the child for were all children at heart

Bree- you look terrific in blue!

Thanks for contributing to LW. We couldn't do this without help from people like you. I don't have to explain hosting costs to you- you already know. You also let it slip that you are a web tech...hmmm...if you suffer from a moment of boredom, watch out! I have a list of "things to do" that you could probably do better than me. :)

Thank you for the kind words and for chipping into the kitty.

Johanna

If I ever write my autobiography, I'm gonna have to call it fiction, because no one would believe this crazy ride!

You are most welcome. I don't often donate to forums. I have done so three times. In each case, the forum was a best of class forum and I had received much valuable information and wanted to give back. I will say that this is the fastest time for me from Subscription to Donation. I suppose that is because this forum provides more information in a more concentrated form than the others. Actually when I made the donation I felt like I was simply paying for a tool that I had been using on approval.

You have my email address. If you need something Photoshopped or some kind of page building/design help just let me know. If I can help, I will help.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Wow, touching story that I can relate to in more ways than one. Thank you so much for sharing your story and starting this site, its the best.

Johanna,

I met you in chat (where I am most comfortable) and I knew

there was something special about you. I am in awe of your

strength and courage, and hope to meet you one day!

Thank you for your kind words and gracious chat.

(p.s. I am a digital forencisist who really gets very little work

doing such, but if you have the drive from the server that went

down I can retrieve data! I would do it for you, just to help.)

Again, thank you.

Tierza

"You humble me Lord" Norah Jones

I might have missed it, but what part of OH are you in? I saw you mentioned Cincy but didn't know if that was your area or not.

Didn't realize you were the "founder" of this haven of information...Thanks!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Joanna I am overwelmed by your story and generosity,Thanks so much for what you do! As I am new here and just learning to use this forum,I feel like I have got such along way to go...With folks like you and the others holding up that Lantern I may just be able to get there!Thanks again, forgive my mistakes and " keep building that amazing Life story"

Aw, shucks. Thank you folks for the kind words, they are deeply appreciated. I'm not the only one that works here, though, and I can't take all the credit. There is a team of good folks here, working behind the scenes, and none of this would be possible without them. ClayB introduced them here. They all deserve a standing ovation.

Johanna

Johanna: Muchas Gracias. Many thanks. I've learned much more than I've helped. Stan

This place has been a Gods Send for me I love it here I'm learning so much and Johanna's Already helped me save a good deal of money in purchasing things. So far the only thing I've done is cut some straps that she sent me bevel the edges Slick them and punch a few holes. I've been reading up a lot and saving up to be able to buy a side here soon enough.. I'm also realizing that I know a few people in here from other forums I have been to that werent leather related and its nice to see some familiar faces. I hope to learn to make at least every thing possible sooner or later. Thanks for making that possible for me with such a great site and great and wonderful people Johanna.

Johanna, I just found this thread after all this time benefiting from what you started I feel a little stupid! I hope you realize how much you've done to actually pay forward folks that you otherwise may have never known. As it has been written "A servant shall lead them" you have shown us all the way to improve who we are by improving what we do! Thanks and...

Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

Wake up and turn I loose, for the rain is falling!
Bob Marley - Kaya

Johanna, WOW! Have you ever thought about being a novelist! You had me enthrawled! In any case, I'm new to the sight and leather working, and I have to tell you i have never seen a site like this before, it's amazing, addicting, informative......and on, and on! I'm actually a jeweler/metalsmith, and I wish they had a site like this for that! Thank you so much for creating this forum!!!!!!!

- Sara

Johanna, WOW! Have you ever thought about being a novelist! You had me enthrawled! In any case, I'm new to the sight and leather working, and I have to tell you i have never seen a site like this before, it's amazing, addicting, informative......and on, and on! I'm actually a jeweler/metalsmith, and I wish they had a site like this for that! Thank you so much for creating this forum!!!!!!!

- Sara

It's not hard to find the right foum for your craft - just do what Johanna did

run out and make it yourself

a proud cousin

Suze :wave::whistle:

Hey johanna,

I appreciate sites like yours !!!!!

I am new to leatherwork I researched a bit 5 years ago...but took up soapstone carving. I now am in leatherwork for 3 months....no intro formally...I spent 2 grand on tools after research and bought some leather and let you tube teach me....lol

I just stumbled onto this site!!! It is amazing......

Daniel

Hmmmm......now we know who Jonanna is....thanks for sharing!!!!

Jimboob

God bless you , your trials have made you the lady you are today I thank you for this forum , I'm disabled and my fine motor movements don't always do what I want them too. Kinda hard to do great tooling with one good hand but I don't let it stop me , my credo is never give up . So I keep trying and making what I can , I don't make any money on things but I like doing the leatherwork. I make my own tools to save money. Yupp I like this site thank you loads , I spend hours looking. Gary

Please accept my most sincere thanks for all you have done!