I know I've been all over the place with my questions ,  but, here go's! Which digital servo motor would work best with my 227r. Would love to be able to take a stich at a time!! Appreciate the help from all of you! I know Cobra has a couple to choose from as well. Again, Thank You! )

I have this brand in 2 older models with one being this new model 6000 and like all of them them.

What is your project thickness, obviously below 7/16 but its a good point to consider, if the top end i suggest the following also. 

Additionally one can get a box style pulley speed reducer, or the older pedestal type both are great.

But this is a great start for a motor. http://store.keysew.com/catalog/product/f12bce0ab9754bbc84a8055aaf375ffc

Floyd

Thx brmax! I'm making leather bags/purses now and would like to be able to go slow! I'm working with 3-4oz right now, but it can get a little heavier with lining, etc. I'll check out keysew. Thank You so much! )

Your welcome!

You should mention to them your sew machine. As they have v-belts and that machine style takes a much longer one because its so tall on the bench being a cylinder arm style. By the way is this a new table or bench instalation, curious because motor mounting position.

Its Friday!

Floyd

New Table, servo motor and machine from Nick o sew. I just looked at Amazon and they have that motor you mentioned .  $199.00 &35.00 for synchronizer. I hope you have a great weekend! Do I need the synchronizer?

Whoa!

Why may i ask do you need another motor, if you have one from the purchase..

I should have read into this more and ask better questions Im sorry.

if your motor is broke were ok, then to replace.

if to go slower then we should totally look at the; speed reducer options instead.

again my bad, so can you clarify if your motor is broke.

I promote the keysew.com motor, and on that brand would not purchase anywhere else. btdt. There are others available nowadays many are available, but addressing the above first ? possibly is best step forward.

Floyd

I'm sorry as well. My servo motor is fine, but I've seen where some machines can do one stitch at a time, which would be great when I'm top stitching on leather and want to have that control.  I truly apologize for not explaining my wants and needs. Yes, my servo can go slow, but I've seen where they do one stitch at a time. It would be  great to have that option when top stitching a handle on a leather purse for instance and want that great "line"!. Another member also mentioned the speed reducer ! I apologize for not being clearer. I Thank You very much for your input! )

Do the reducer, then see where you're at.  My servo will go 30rpm minimum and it's not one stitch at a time slow with a 3" motor pulley.  I'm going to 3:1 reduction to get down there.

Yep, fit a speed reducer, depending on the size of the pulleys it will give you much slower speed and increased torque. Plus fit the smallest pulley you can to the motor, it will all help.

Thank You all so much! Purchasing on line today! ) Have a great day! )

brmax...just noticed you're in Missouri as I am! Have a nice snowy day! )

Going from a 3" to a 2.5" or whatever the smallest motor pulley is will reduce the surface area of the belt on the pulley and reduce the belt radius to cause more wear on the belt (it has a rather sharp bend to it now).  Granted, I'm not used to dealing with belt driving things under 5hp, but I wouldn't go smaller on the motor pulley before seeing what the system behaves like with the speed reducer.  I'm at about a stitch a second with my current setup on the Singer 211G, going to 3:1 should drop that down to a stitch every 3 seconds, and that's plenty slow enough.  The 4:1 reducer that came with my 441 runs a bit slow at it's lowest speed and could benefit from a little higher starting speed, but I haven't looked into changing that setting just yet.

What's nice about using a servo with a reducer is that you can then speed up the motor on the top end and get your full range of stitches per minute back.  Running the motor at 5000rpm is going to get you close to the 1750 it used to have with the clutch motor prior to the reduction.

Edited by JimTimber

Thank You! I'm really looking forward to the speed reducer! )