Completed Custom 3" dog collar.

3" x 4.5mm Bridle Leather Body down to 2" buckle ends, Heavy Duty 2" x 5mm Stainless Steel D-Ring, 12mm Dog Spikes, 2" Double Tongue Buckle, Brass Riveted Name, Kangaroo Leather backing, Fully Hand Stitched.

This is my first attempt at building anything like this. I think it came out alright, but will make a few changes if any others come my way.

IMG_9779.JPG

IMG_9789.JPG

IMG_9782.JPG

IMG_9783.JPG

Edited by AussieMade

That looks to be a beautifully-crafted piece of work with superb attention to detail. Your edges and stitching look especially good, and the design has obviously had a lot of thought devoted to it.

4 hours ago, xpc316e said:

That looks to be a beautifully-crafted piece of work with superb attention to detail. Your edges and stitching look especially good, and the design has obviously had a lot of thought devoted to it.

Hi and Thanks, It was a joint effort, my chief designer is my partner and I am builder lol. I learnt a valuable lesson making this collar.... THOSE SPIKES ARE SHARP.... Here is a closer shot of the stitching. Probably my best stitching yet I think.

IMG_9785.JPG

IMG_9786.JPG

Nice work any photos of the dog that collars going on ? please 

4 minutes ago, Bogwot said:

Nice work any photos of the dog that collars going on ? please 

This is him, he is about 8months old, Hopefully I will have some pics sent to me when the customer receives the collar.

16935946_1897984283770915_1798379154_o.jpg

Looks like he will need a 3'' collar when he is fully grown, he has the look of an English Bull Terrier to me, nice dog

11 hours ago, Bogwot said:

Looks like he will need a 3'' collar when he is fully grown, he has the look of an English Bull Terrier to me, nice dog

Yeah they have massive necks on them the Bull Terriers, They originally wanted a full 4" wide collar end to end with 2 x 2" buckles, but told them it would be too excessive and restrict the dogs head movements. Now for the wait till the customer receives it to see what it looks like on him.

Great work mate!

Very nice job on the stitching, the rivets are perfectly laid out (which is damned hard to do), and the edges look very neat.

Lucky dog, happy owner I am sure.

3 hours ago, Wedgetail said:

Great work mate!

Very nice job on the stitching, the rivets are perfectly laid out (which is damned hard to do), and the edges look very neat.

Lucky dog, happy owner I am sure.

Thanks Scott,

A lot of work went into this one project and probably my favorite project yet. My partner is my chief designer so she can get all the credit for the design. I am the chief assembler lol. A few little mistakes I made which are not really noticeable, but I really need to invest in an oblong punch for the buckle tongue holes to make those holes better looking and more consistent. The edges took a lot of work to smooth out they way I wanted them to be. The stitching was fun. Not easy to hold the collar in my stitching pony with those spikes in place though.  :( 

The riveted name was the most challenging part of the build. We started with 8mm single cap rivets but found them to overlap in a few places so couldn't set them in place without damaging the one beside it. So went with the smaller 5mm single caps instead, but came out looking good still.

IMG_9775.JPG

The customer received the collar this morning, and they love it (feeling relieved lol). It's so hard when you can only show pictures to people who custom order a job without actually meeting them in person. But here is Nitro showing off his new collar

17349236_1906784416224235_990557021_o (1).jpg

17357363_1906784392890904_1489273911_o.jpg

17357423_1906784376224239_1668872435_o.jpg