I am venturing in to tooling and looking to really enhance the impressions/marks without making major changes in the leather color. Someone recommended using "Hi Lite," which I will try. I also have quite a few Feibings Antique Gels, but I am well aware of the color changing that will happen with these. Any advice?

I'm not one to rely on but I will say this....

Fiebings does make an antique paste in natural or neutral. I have used this for burnishing edges and it doesn't have a big effect on color.

I don't do tooling, good luck.

You can try using a top finish like super shene first (as a resist), let it dry and apply the antique gel after that (and buff when dry, apply a top finish). Depending on the color of the antique gel it won't darken the leather too much, and will apply more evenly after super sheen (and still enhance the tooling impressions). I am using Tan color of antique gel (closer to the color of the leather).  I always test first (on a piece of the same leather batch).

Edited by gigi

The first thing is that if you want a good finish that will last don't use ANY of the Eco-Flo products, they don't have any staying power and there are plenty of questions just like yours that have multiple responses saying this very same thing; go to quality products that are spirit based (Fiebing's for example) that will penetrate deep into the leather and stay there where they belong.  When it comes to color/shading it is all in how much you apply, the less you apply the lighter the results.  If you are looking for unique tone techniques then it is time to start reading up on how to use dyes, stains, Antiques, and all of the other finishes; we all did it this way and there aren't any real shortcuts here when it comes to creating quality looks.  And by all means, test, test, test, until you get what you are looking for; great way to put some of that scrap box clutter to work for you.